• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to hide power supply cables?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ProgramGuy

Hi Guys,

I have a ThermalTake Core X9 case and I need some help on how to hide some power supply cabling. I separated the case into 2 areas, top and bottom, and the top is starting to look pretty good wire wise. However, the bottom (or basement) area I need some help with. I have a modular power supply (Corsair AX1200) and the wires are just too long for my build. I'm considering scrapping all the wires that came with the power supply for some custom cables (probably even look better and I can make them to match my build colors). I would like some suggestions on how to hide cables in a pretty much open area. One thought I had was to make a "cage" like area right above the power supply where I can stuff the excess cabling. How are you guys dealing with your unruly cables?

William

Unfortunately, the X9 is terrible for cable management.
The best that I've seen is to bundle everything together.

Yeah, custom lengths will help a lot.
Try to tie them to support posts and things of the sort that are existing in the case.

Yeah, custom lengths will help a lot.
Try to tie them to support posts and things of the sort that are existing in the case.

I have learned how to do the "cable sewing" so the cables could flow as a set. I made 1 cable already and you have to put a lot of time aside to do this. But then again... this is a hobby. :)

yep, it's a hobby so they have to go AND look good doing it.

I believe you guys are talking me into doing custom cable lengths, throw in some cable sleeving and custom sewing... It just might be the best thing to do for such an open case. When I chose this case, I saw a build that just blew me away, however, his basement area had a panel placed on the window side and had some gauges to view the temperatures. I just bought a 250ft role of 18ga wire, so that should be plenty to wire up the power supply.

Last edited:
Back