• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to connect a wifi usb adapter to internet.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kr7777

today i brought a D Link Wireless Adapter & i am not being able to share my computer internet .

Wireless Adapter : D Link N 150 Usb Adapter

I use internet via usb Modem , please help me configuring the usb adapter.

Need more info, on both rigs (the one connected to the internet and the one you'll using the wireless adapter on. Also on the USB modem. Make model wtc. Does the USB modem have Wi-Fi?

Is the wireless icon showing in the system tray?

it shows when my internet is switched off and as soon *** I connect it disappears

- - - Updated - - -

Need more info, on both rigs (the one connected to the internet and the one you'll using the wireless adapter on. Also on the USB modem. Make model wtc. Does the USB modem have Wi-Fi?
I am using internet on the same rig with modem.(Model:BSNL ZTE EVDO ) no the modem dosent have a wifi.

it shows when my internet is switched off and as soon *** I connect it disappears

- - - Updated - - -

I am using internet on the same rig with modem.(Model:BSNL ZTE EVDO ) no the modem dosent have a wifi.

Wait, you're using a USB internet modem... and then plugged a USB WiFi adapter into the same system?

Let me make sure I have this correct:
- You use a USB internet modem so that you can plug your internet connection directly into your computer
- You bought a USB WiFi adapter (receiver) so that you can use WiFi on the same computer as the modem
- Your end goal is to use both the modem and the adapter on the same computer... to what end?

Let me make sure I have this correct:
- You use a USB internet modem so that you can plug your internet connection directly into your computer
- You bought a USB WiFi adapter (receiver) so that you can use WiFi on the same computer as the modem
- Your end goal is to use both the modem and the adapter on the same computer... to what end?
no I want to make my computer a wifi hotspot so that I can use my computers internet on other devices like mobile etc and its is not only a wifi receiver but also a hotspot device.

That is only an adapter, not a transmitter.

To do what you want you'll need to get a transmitter.
Right now you have two devices for bringing an internet connection in, instead of one bringing in and one sending out.

is there any usb device that can both send and recive signals.
please give me a link.

- - - Updated - - -

That is only an adapter, not a transmitter.
the shopkeeper fooled me ,he said it is both anyways thanks.

Back