• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE be quiet! Silent Base 600 Case Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Another fine review EHUME. I have a few questions though.
  • Does the back vent support 120mm or 140mm fans?
  • Does the I/O panel have a reset switch?
  • Is there any reason why the bottom fan option couldn't be used for a rad? (It's not listed as an option on their site)
Thanks

Another fine review EHUME. I have a few questions though.
  • Does the back vent support 120mm or 140mm fans?
  • Does the I/O panel have a reset switch?
  • Is there any reason why the bottom fan option couldn't be used for a rad? (It's not listed as an option on their site)
Thanks

Very good questions. I should have you as an editor. So I hauled out the case just now and looked.

The back vent has room only for 120mm fans. I doubt even a 120mm rad would fit.

The HDD light just in front of the on/off switch is the reset switch. It's very small, but it's even covered in the manual.

The bottom option could be used for a 140mm fan. It would probably fit a 120mm AiO, but the base for the HD cage snugs right up against it, so I think a 140mm AiO is out.

Too bad Detroit is so far from NJ. I'm looking for a home for this puppy.

Great Review. I still wonder why there are USB 2.0 ports featured so prominently and I have never understood bay covers. Maybe it is all a part of the sound reduction. This case is a pretty one.

There are actually a few reasons they still use USB 2.0.

1. Cheaper
2. Many platforms require drivers for USB 3.0 (So if you were to plug a mouse or KB in it may not work until after the driver starts)
3. All current MB's have USB 2.0 headers but not all have USB 3.0 (This reason is barely true anymore and the reason you ask I'm sure).

I think bay covers are simply for aesthetics.

Back