• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Marathon Season IV December : SuperPi 32M

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
At that clock I would push hypers at 6-6-6 or 6-7-6 :) ... can probably drop clock and make it ~1600 6-5-5 or something similar, maybe will be faster, I don't remember how Phenoms were acting

Getting there Mandrake! Look forward to seeing what you can do with those pi's but at that speed, wouldn't a pair of hypers at 7-7-7 be better?

At that clock I would push hypers at 6-6-6 or 6-7-6 :) ... can probably drop clock and make it ~1600 6-5-5 or something similar, maybe will be faster, I don't remember how Phenoms were acting
Still a work in progress I was actually able to do 6-7-5 the other night but it was giving me fits every time I tried going above 4.6 Ghz using the mutiplier at those timings. If I dropped the Dram divider then it would run above 4.6 so I need to do a little more work on it to see what timings it will run with the Cpu over 4.6 Ghz.

Am i in the twilight zone?how did you guys go to pi's to hypers what am I missing

edit - or are you guys saying hpyers might be quicker at those speed\timings in my test my hypers are my slowest

Last edited:
Ran again with W7 to qualify for HWBOT... Got a small bump on the result...

PolRoger / i7 4790K / H2O / 6m 3.465s

SuperPi32M 5.15GHz 6-3-465 OCF.PNG

Am i in the twilight zone?how did you guys go to pi's to hypers what am I missing

edit - or are you guys saying hpyers might be quicker at those speed\timings in my test my hypers are my slowest

On older platforms and lower clocks hypers are slightly faster and you can set tighter timings but at higher voltages. PSC usually won't work at lower settings than ~1600-1800 6-7-6 while hypers can sometimes make 6-6-5 / 5-6-5 / 6-6-6 and sometimes also tighter sub timings. On new platforms there are different memory controllers and other timings are affecting performance so PSC is better. Also PSC on new platforms overclocks higher ( also because some sub timings are more relaxed ).

Last edited:
LRG5 / FX9590 / H2O / 13m 57.675s

Capturesuper32.PNG

sorry no back ground, I will have to run it one more time colder mmmmm maybe

Last edited:
Nice run Mandrake :thup:

Great job here Mike. :attn:

The subambient cooling of the water certainly helped. :D I may have time in the next week or so to get some DICE on it. :D

Though one thing I will say is this 8350 absolutely hates the 2200 Pi's I bought. I messed around with the timings and such for two days and it just kept giving me the "not exact in round" error. Even at 1866 with stock timings it was giving me fits! Stuck the Trident X's in and all was well again.

Johan45/6700k/H2O/ 6m 02.887s
win7 was a slight improvement over 10

pi 6m 02.887.JPG

Had some time today, got me some of the good stuff. Cpu speed is actually 5570 on the second core if anyone is wondering.
Mandrake4565/955 Be/Dice/12.55.016
Screen Shot 12-12-15 at 10.06 PM.JPG

Had some time today, got me some of the good stuff. Cpu speed is actually 5570 on the second core if anyone is wondering.
I see you pickpocketed me for a few boints with that CPU. :D
Good on you.
I'll try to get some back later.

Back