• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Marathon Season IV December : SuperPi 32M

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I see you pickpocketed me for a few boints with that CPU. :D
Good on you.
I'll try to get some back later.
I didn't even know you had a 955 Scotty though I'm not surprised. This 955 is from my first self build, which I had taken cold back at Witchys house on Ln2 but only managed to get 2-3 runs in before ice damns creeping over the 1st memory slot started wreaking havoc, even though I had the slot packed with Vaseline. So I decided to shut it down before something let go. The only other runs I had on this chip were on the cold water, so when I got my hands on the DICE yesterday I figured I give this one a go. I was hitting a pretty hard wall at 5.7 I couldn't even get it to validate there with 1.8v so I backed it down and played with it for 4 hours. Great little chip, so much fun to play with, oh and if you look on the bot you'll see who's score I was going for. :D

Oh I know. Tis all part of the game. :D

I have much hardware that hasn't seen a bench yet or has not been benched other than a quick test. My HWB hardware library is about 1/3 of what I actually own.

More hardware than time to run it is what I'm saying.

Oh I know. Tis all part of the game. :D

I have much hardware that hasn't seen a bench yet or has not been benched other than a quick test. My HWB hardware library is about 1/3 of what I actually own.

More hardware than time to run it is what I'm saying.
I hear ya Scotty, I do not have near the amount of hardware as you and I still look through my bins and find a cpu or gpu and am like oh I forgot I had that. I still need to take the new setup, I7 6700k/Msi X power titanium/Gtx 980 k|ngp|n, cold to see what it will do but haven't prepped the board yet for it.

You'll do well with it, I have no doubt.

Going by my normal track record, I will probably be benching a Zen platform before Skylake. :shrug:

LRG5 / FX9590 /Chilled H2O / 13m 49.75s

chilled.PNG

She tap out on chilled water no matter how I run it, warms to up fast. Looks like I go like Mandrake Dice or LN2

another good one Mandrake

You'll do well with it, I have no doubt.

Going by my normal track record, I will probably be benching a Zen platform before Skylake. :shrug:
Here's hoping it's worth a damn but I like you will be buying a Zen regardless.

LRG5 / FX9590 /Chilled H2O / 13m 49.75s

She tap out on chilled water no matter how I run it, warms to up fast. Looks like I go like Mandrake Dice or LN2

another good one Mandrake
Thanks LRG5, yeah these Fx's heat up real quick once the volts start getting poured to them. Oh and I ran the 8350 on DICE last night as well. I'll post that soon. :D

yea I did, just trying to post be fore she warms up and hangs, but I will keep working on it, Nice run Mr scott on chilled water?
will it run at 27.5 or higher

Last edited:
Nice one Manny, You managed to creep past me too.

Unloaded, roughly -20c, pending the ambient in the house.

Sounds a lot like my deep freezer. Good for an hour or so depending on what i'M BENCHING BUT IF i THROW MY 580 IN THE MIX IT'S 20-30 MINUTES TOPS DOESN'T MATTER WHAT cpu i RUN WITH IT.

Nice one Manny, You managed to creep past me too.
Managed? I worked for about 2 hours to get it past you, you know I had my sights set on that score the whole time.

Sounds a lot like my deep freezer. Good for an hour or so depending on what i'M BENCHING BUT IF i THROW MY 580 IN THE MIX IT'S 20-30 MINUTES TOPS DOESN'T MATTER WHAT cpu i RUN WITH IT.
oops :shrug:
Capture.PNG

lol. I totally get it. It's not like that on most other CPUs. I can go all day on most of them. Just the FX's put a hurt on it.

why only 1.664V ? :p

Yeah I couldn't put the volts to it or it would over heat. Any real work over 1.55v and it would shut down. Remounted 3 times and still the core was hitting 40c with a -180c pot sitting on it

Yeah I couldn't put the volts to it or it would over heat. Any real work over 1.55v and it would shut down. Remounted 3 times and still the core was hitting 40c with a -180c pot sitting on it
You know what's next right? Pop the lid! :D :chair:

Back