• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Marathon Season IV December : SuperPi 32M

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
My 6600K was hitting ~+50*C on dice on about 1.7V. Still results and max clock worse than on most Haswells. I have to test 6700K one day but it was overclocking worse on water so I'm not sure if it's worth my time.
I'm not sure how high is max voltage for longer tests. I saw comments that on 1.8V+ ( even on LN2 ) some chips are degrading really fast. My 6600K saw 1.82V but it wasn't helping comparing to ~1.7V ... maybe it's already degraded and can't be much worse :p

One thing I do know is it was overheating way before it should have been IMO

I'll try and get something up.

I asked the chip for 5.2Ghz....
Let's just say when you're pushing volts and the mobo shuts off without warning when you apply load it's not a good sign.

I might not be able to compete in this round :( The last board and proc that I had left (AMD) for the CC competitions was a Sabertooth and a Sempron 145. I killed them early Tuesday morning while trying to put in a better run in GPUPI :(

FYI to S_P : I again messed up a FX 8320 and RMAed it to AMD. I received back a FX 8350 with a note stating that the FX 8320 is EOL.

Been a busy 2 weeks but I think I'll have some time this weekend too. Was planning to get the 965 out for a spin but had to wait till I got some new paste. Looks like we are going to get a little bit of cool weather this weekend but I can't believe the way this winter has started ...... they are talking about 11*C temps for Christmas Eve. I have never seen such warm temps this time of year in my 50 years.

Been a busy 2 weeks but I think I'll have some time this weekend too. Was planning to get the 965 out for a spin but had to wait till I got some new paste. Looks like we are going to get a little bit of cool weather this weekend but I can't believe the way this winter has started ...... they are talking about 11*C temps for Christmas Eve. I have never seen such warm temps this time of year in my 50 years.
Yeah BN is has been warm, I've yet to see any trace of snow. Hence the reason I grabbed some DICE the other day, tough to get the Fx clocked up on +6c water.

I still have a few neked haswells laying around if you have the nerve to put one of them in a board manny.................

I still have a few neked haswells laying around if you have the nerve to put one of them in a board manny.................
I have my 4770k that runs pretty well on the cold CD, it's done 5.6 in 32m with the Pot and DICE on it. My plan is to see if I can get the 6700k I have to that or more and I may pop the top on it first.

you do know that there is a tool out to pop them now?
there have also been issues due to a change to a thinner pcb that hold the cores, I understand that a little to much mount pressure and it's all over.

My 4690k got stripped again and this time, with new paste, I can actually work with it the temps. Won't see any cold weather or dice this month but I'm just glad my chip is better off than I originally thought. So now I'm working on the ram, it's 1400 @ cl12_14_14 for xmp but overclocking or tightening timings has had a rough start. Off topic I killed my other gigabytes.... Is it really dead I just don't know anymore.

you do know that there is a tool out to pop them now?
there have also been issues due to a change to a thinner pcb that hold the cores, I understand that a little to much mount pressure and it's all over.
Yes and Yes, no worries I'll be gentle. :D

1# Devlos / i5-4690k / 212 evo / 06m 38.596s
2# Devlos / i5-4690k / 212 evo / 06m 33.277s

I can finally stretch this chips legs a little now that my temps are in check. I'm waiting on some new kryonaut to see what thats about. It says it goes down to -200c for anyone looking for new ln2/dice paste might want to give it a chance. I'll let ya know what it does for ambient once I try it.

strechitout.PNG

strechitoutmore.PNG

Last edited:
Drop down to 1 or 2 cores you can stretch it a biit further

Devlos / i5-4690k @ 5004.20 / H100 / 06m 18.816s
On 2 cores.... I think it can go further and it kind of scares me... I'm posting this at 5GHz and it boots into windows 4.8GHz @ 1.275v... Can boot 4.7G @ 1.248 with 4 cores but it is taking 1.36v @5GHz+ to not get errors in spi (2 core). And check out that RAM, I can play CSGO @ 4.8GHz and with RAM like that. Believe me, CSGO is not having unstable RAM with errors, your game will crash, so I know it's good I just don't know how.

I'm going back in to see if I can't squeeze 5100MHz outtta her!!

sssspioooo.PNG

Last edited:
Nice work Devlos, don't worry too much just keep an eye on temps. Now if you ran that on XP32 you,d do even better.

Back