• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED EVGA RMA ISSUES

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

caddi daddi

Godzilla to ant hills
Anybody else out there have hell with an EVGA RMA?
I am rma'ing one of my 970 ftw cards,
it arrived to them on the 24'th of november.
they canceled the rma while the card was en route they say because there was no shipping address but on the rma e-mail from them they have my shipping address right on there.
call evga, the cs agent takes my info, sees that it was delivered, opens a second rma and all should be well.

check the rma a day or two later, same thing, canceled again, same reason.

call back, go thruogh the same thing get the rma going again and no body but the first cs agent will even tell me that they have my card they just keep blaming it on the holliday and will not even tell me what's going on.
any body have any idea what's going on out there at evga?

Last edited:
Wow, I've RMAed 2 cards to Evga a while back, mind you, but it always was a painless process for me. One of the reasons why I'll grab an Evga over others is because of their CS and RMA policy. Hopefully this isn't a trend.

I only RMA'd something through them twice, but it was pain free. Seems like an anomaly though.

So long as you have your tracking and show it delivered, all should end well for you. Keep us posted.

this is what it shows today.

Shipping Out Option Selected: UPS Ground

Part Number Out: 04G-P4-3978-KR

Next Step: Return Defective Product to EVGA

this says the rma is still open (shock of shocks) but still shows that have not recieved it.

the sad(perhps not) thing is i was planning to game away my birthday boozathaon next week with all the graphics on ultra, so I just might HAVE to gift myself an asus 980 card and ditch evega all together.

One issue and we shun brands? :facepalm:

Always buy the cheapest unless a particular brand's model has a feature you want. In the end, they're all just trying to get your money with the least amount of investment on their part. :thup:

soooooo you think this bodes well for future interactions?

I think a single example does not shine a light on the 10s of thousands of successful RMA's, so, yes.They, like all of us, are human and not perfect. Things happen. Now, if this (a bad experience) happened to you again, perhaps I would consider it. But after one experience that hasn't gone well so far, I think that is an incredibly dramatic step to take not to buy a product from them.

EDIT: I mean think about it... how often do you have to RMA anything? RMA rates are in the LOW single digits for the vast majority of hardware and people worry about 'what if'? It makes no sense to me in the least how people can do that. NONE. Think about it empirically, and not with emotional subjectivity.

Not necessarily. I just think a negative experience is just as likely with any manufacturer.

For the record, I've had mostly positive experiences across the board with RMAs.

I have had rma's with both asus and asrock, they have gone rather swimmingly as rma's go, but to not even be able to tell me that they have recieved the product or explain why you cancel an rma due to not having a shipping address twice when plainly you do?

I do recall having my transaction considered "pending" even though they actually had sent my new card back to me. I will also say when I had issues with my Evga Gpu it was a 7900gt it died under warranty when they replaced it they sent me a GTS 8800 that also died under warranty and they sent me a GTS 450 which still lives. All three cards were upgrades from the previous, so I was happy.

I have had rma's with both asus and asrock, they have gone rather swimmingly as rma's go, but to not even be able to tell me that they have recieved the product or explain why you cancel an rma due to not having a shipping address twice when plainly you do?
Its more than clear there is a disconnect there. Again, do the numbers in your head... how many RMA's do they get a day? You think they bork enough of these to warrant not buying from them or do you think this is more than likely a one off?

(actually, don't answer that, it is clear you feel this is a big problem)

Ironically, there are huge threads that ***** about ASUS' RMA but you are good with that. I don't see the logic in this choice.... BUT, its not my choice. I can only point out what I feel are flaws in the decision making process. Choice is always yours. :)

perhaps I'm just expecting way to much from companys and people these days, getting old, crotchety and untrusting.
I know it might be hard for you to believe but if the little bee and I go to dinner and it's not served hot, the next time i try another place.

Caddi, if you really believe this warrants the title "hell", I'm honestly jealous, because this is a simple mix up. I've had far worse experiences with other companies.

Some customers will slip through the cracks, support wise. It happens, and support is never perfect (I work in the field and have for a long time). A good company will apologize and get it fixed in a reasonable fashion. Be courteous to the support reps you speak with, and I believe you will get this sorted out quickly.

I'm on the phone with them now and he says they are wating for it to arrive still!!!!

steak flavored ice creamYUMM!!!!

fixed the heading, for the duration of this call.

Back