• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7 not posting after error

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
To close the loop on this thread, it was indeed a bad CPU. Swapped it out with a i5-6600K and everything is fine. RMA'd and sent the CPU back to Intel. The obviously wrong headed thought that the CPU would be the most unlikely issue caused me to waste an awful lot of time and money! But, there are far, far worse things in life.

Now I'll have to decide whether or not to keep the replacement i7-6700K when it arrives or sell it to get some of my $$$ back!

Thank you all for your help!

To close the loop on this thread, it was indeed a bad CPU. Swapped it out with a i5-6600K and everything is fine. RMA'd and sent the CPU back to Intel. The obviously wrong headed thought that the CPU would be the most unlikely issue caused me to waste an awful lot of time and money! But, there are far, far worse things in life.

Now I'll have to decide whether or not to keep the replacement i7-6700K when it arrives or sell it to get some of my $$$ back!

Thank you all for your help!

This may be related to the work load crash bug that Intel found in HT Skylake processors.
With that bug reported, it looks like Intel may have to do a major early-Pentium-like recall!
And that means tons of processors need to be RMA'ed if not chucked in the trash and PC builders' money being down the toilet!

This may be related to the work load crash bug that Intel found in HT Skylake processors.
With that bug reported, it looks like Intel may have to do a major early-Pentium-like recall!
And that means tons of processors need to be RMA'ed if not chucked in the trash and PC builders' money being down the toilet!

The recall is only going to make the current supply issues worse. Bad for everyone.

Glad you figured out the issue! Very odd to see the CPU be the issue for sure.

Having the exact same issue as you describe with my GA-Z170X-UD3 motherboard and i5-6600K processor. I was initially thinking it was likely the motherboard, but after reading through this it must be the CPU. I've only had the machine running for about a month, so this is certainly very disappointing.

Having the exact same issue as you describe with my GA-Z170X-UD3 motherboard and i5-6600K processor. I was initially thinking it was likely the motherboard, but after reading through this it must be the CPU. I've only had the machine running for about a month, so this is certainly very disappointing.
Post back what you find that fixes the problem.

Back