• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

7850 Bios required

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TreLim

Hello all thanx for reading. I had a power failure that messed up the bios on my Powercolor 7850 model AX7850 2GBD5-2DHPPE I have tried the bios on techpower up but non are a match for my card (this one has uefi bios) Some of them i have be able to get the card to boot up but then it crashs when trying to load a game or anything. if anyone has this model and can send me the stock bios for it that would be a great help. thanx again for reading.

I do not know the PCB is green and the model on the back of it says AX7850 2GBD5-2DHPPE it's a powercolor pcs+ 1000/1200 board i know it's suppose to have the gpu from a 7870 but laser cut the shaders down to 7850

Yea i tried all those, they dont work, even tried some of the 860mhz ones those atleast boot it up but once i ran a game or even jus web broswering it kept crashing right now am using my horrible 470 gtx cant even play fallout 4 with this :-(

I hate to say it, but your card is toast. If you tried all 3 of those bioses and none worked, then your card is a borked for good. Unless you can RMA it, then it's nothing more than a paperweight.

Ive got a Power Color 7850... but Im not sure if its the same revision. The PCB and the fans looks nearly exact....

Basically if I dont have to open the case and look at the back of the card to be sure Ill help as much as I can.

there are a couple things to be aware of:
1) I dont know how to dump a BIOS from a card , so you'll have to send me instructions. Its better if you send instructions/link of your preferred method anyway , then you can be sure the dump is how you want it to be

2) It all on you man :) Like I said , my card is a 7850 and is cosmetically similar, but I dont want to brick your card with a mistake, so tell me what you need. To get you started here's GPU-z
GPU.PNG

I'll try them, jus use GPUZ to dump the bios i've even tried powercolor r9 270 and r7 370 ones since they just rebrands, the 370 boot up but once i load up a game crashs so i'm pretty much trying any 7850 bios at this time if i cant fix it i'll jus grab a r9 270 there is one on newegg 89 bucks right now

Ive got a Power Color 7850... but Im not sure if its the same revision. The PCB and the fans looks nearly exact....

Basically if I dont have to open the case and look at the back of the card to be sure Ill help as much as I can.

there are a couple things to be aware of:
1) I dont know how to dump a BIOS from a card , so you'll have to send me instructions. Its better if you send instructions/link of your preferred method anyway , then you can be sure the dump is how you want it to be

2) It all on you man :) Like I said , my card is a 7850 and is cosmetically similar, but I dont want to brick your card with a mistake, so tell me what you need. To get you started here's GPU-z
View attachment 171982
Just click the little arrow nest to the BIOS version ;)
I'll try them, jus use GPUZ to dump the bios i've even tried powercolor r9 270 and r7 370 ones since they just rebrands, the 370 boot up but once i load up a game crashs so i'm pretty much trying any 7850 bios at this time if i cant fix it i'll jus grab a r9 270 there is one on newegg 89 bucks right now
270x is the refreshed 7850, but slightly better. I know for a fact that the Sapphire Dual-X will do 1500 Mhz memory and 1120 Mhz Core without too much trouble.

You'll need to use Sapphire Trixx to overclock the card though, as Afterburner has no voltage control for it.

Try this BIOS too.: https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/122284/powercolor-hd7850-2048-120328.html

I linked him 3 different bioses from 7850's PCS+ from techpowerup and the op stated they didn't work. After flashing the card works normally upon booting, but once he puts a load on it like gaming, it goes bonkers and crashes.

If he's swapped drivers and bioses, that card is toasted for sure.

I linked him 3 different bioses from 7850's PCS+ from techpowerup and the op stated they didn't work. After flashing the card works normally upon booting, but once he puts a load on it like gaming, it goes bonkers and crashes.

If he's swapped drivers and bioses, that card is toasted for sure.

The link didn't load for me for some reason, had to follow the VGA BIOS link from the drop-down menu to get it to work :-/

TreLim, before you remount that cooler on the GPU, take a Q-Tip and some Isopropyl alcohol and clean up the whole die area. It looks like there's some thermal paste on some of those tiny capacitors. My 6850 would freak out and artifact like crazy until I noticed some thermal paste on the tiny capacitors. I clean up the card and it ran just fine afterwards.

Ok recleaned gpu, regreased reflashed with powercolor 7850 uefi bios and it seems to be working right again now, thanx everyone for the help :)

looks like Im late to the party! Glad you got it figured out. Im not sure wether its good forum ettiquite to post the BIOS from my gpu now, so just let me know if its needed and Ill throw it up here.

Once again, glad you got it working :)

Ok recleaned gpu, regreased reflashed with powercolor 7850 uefi bios and it seems to be working right again now, thanx everyone for the help :)
Sweet! :thup:

How does it hold up in games?

Guess it was a combo of BIOS issues and the thermal paste on the capacitors.
Honestly I'm not sure why they put them so close to the die. Put a bit too much thermal grease on and it screwes up.

it's good can overclock to 1150/1400 stable cept in dx11/12 games some reason then i gotta back down to 1075/1350 only does it in dx11/12 games tho everything else can run way overclocked no problems or artifacts and even under max stressing using furmark temps never go over 62c

it's good can overclock to 1150/1400 stable cept in dx11/12 games some reason then i gotta back down to 1075/1350 only does it in dx11/12 games tho everything else can run way overclocked no problems or artifacts and even under max stressing using furmark temps never go over 62c
Good to hear!
Some games are more demanding that others so it makes sense that you have to back down the clocks.

Back