• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

in the market for 1080p monitors

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

caddi daddi

Godzilla to ant hills
I had a little fire here in the office not long ago and now it's fully restored, it's empty and we have moved back home!!!! so I get to start over with the toy room.
it's time for me to put together some monitors for 1920x 1080p gaming as I have found that is what most of my games support at max res.
I am thinking it will end up at 6 or 8 monitors on wall mounts, I am thinking 6 is where I will wind up but am waiting for my new podium to arrive so I can place it all.
I know zippo about monitors, our stickies are some what dated.
the rig will be a 4790K, highly clocked, 2 980 ti's in sli, I would like to run all hmi or displayport, wireless if that can ever be done by a noob like me.
the games I play the most are, GTA-5,(I will be modding gta-5 with every mod on earth as I don't play online right now) Microsoft flight sim 10, x planes, grand prix legends with a full slate of mods, air wars-secret conflicts and I hate to admit it but I have and play, avidly, every angry birds released.
what 1080P monitors do you use and what matters in the specs, what's pixel pitch??? what's it matter to me??? things of that nature.

thanks in advance

I think ATMInside secretly makes commission on every Dell monitor sold :rofl: i just picked up a pair of the above mentioned monitors from amazon but sadly missed out on them for $199.

I think ATMInside secretly makes commission on every Dell monitor sold :rofl: i just picked up a pair of the above mentioned monitors from amazon but sadly missed out on them for $199.

Man, I wish I did... That'd be nice!!

having this dell u2711 has spoiled me rotten, I can see why he's big on the ultra sharp line, I dare you to try to use anything else after having one.

having this dell u2711 has spoiled me rotten, I can see why he's big on the ultra sharp line, I dare you to try to use anything else after having one.

I know I spoiled myself with these three...

The best part might just be that they're pre-calibrated and I don't have to mess with color settings!

So, you have 2 980 Ti's are you are going to run 1080p? Seems like a waste of horsepower on so many fronts.... unless you plan to play across 3 of those 6 monitors you will eventually have?

I would at least grab a 2560x1400 monitor personally. Why are you building a monitor wall and what are its uses?

I think that is the plan Joe, and if so for me it would be important that the bottom bezel is the same thickness as the side of the bezel so everything is symmetrical. if you are OCD like myself long term you will not be able to live with it any other way. :)

I think that is the plan Joe, and if so for me it would be important that the bottom bezel is the same thickness as the side of the bezel so everything is symmetrical. if you are OCD like myself long term you will not be able to live with it any other way. :)

I'll take the thin bezels where the screens are pushed together over a thick bezel that matches the bottom :thup:

it's all going to depend on the space allowed between the podium and the wall-o-screens, this will be my playtime setup and I am hoping to play across all the screens.

Back