• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Friendly competition between friends

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Which rig looks better?

• AMD Rig

Votes: 17 85.0%
  • Intel Rig

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters
I love both builds, i'm a huge fan of diy watercooling. Reminds me of the old-school threads back when people still regularly made their own waterblocks. My vote went to the AMD machine purely for the "hardline" look, but the creativity and "hybrid" intel build is pretty sweet too, and probably helps with extra surface area for heat displacement/redundancy. You could try putting some ice in your reservoir to lower temps even further, just be careful to avoid condensation.

I love both builds, i'm a huge fan of diy watercooling. Reminds me of the old-school threads back when people still regularly made their own waterblocks. My vote went to the AMD machine purely for the "hardline" look, but the creativity and "hybrid" intel build is pretty sweet too, and probably helps with extra surface area for heat displacement/redundancy. You could try putting some ice in your reservoir to lower temps even further, just be careful to avoid condensation.

This will be counteracted (to some degree) by having the radiator and air coolers still outside of the ice water.
They are going to try to normalize the loop to ambient temperatures no matter whether the water inside the loop is warmer or cooler than ambient.

This will be counteracted (to some degree) by having the radiator and air coolers still outside of the ice water.
They are going to try to normalize the loop to ambient temperatures no matter whether the water inside the loop is warmer or cooler than ambient.
I was referring more towards the intel build since it doesn't have a radiator, though you are right, the cpu fan and gpu heatsink would counteract the ice to a degree. At the same time, it would probably allow for slightly better temps over long gaming sessions, or at least delay the heating up of the res.

I was referring more towards the intel build since it doesn't have a radiator, though you are right, the cpu fan and gpu heatsink would counteract the ice to a degree. At the same time, it would probably allow for slightly better temps over long gaming sessions, or at least delay the heating up of the res.

Oh, no argument at all that it would help, just wanted to make sure the OP and his friend knew it would cool even further on ice with no rad :thup:

Thanks. Already tested the water / ice cobo. Incredibly the CPU seems to runs worst if it's too cool. Example: The CPU normal temp is about 42 C if it goes lower than 30C the sistem works like a pentium 2 :)

Back