• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Package signed for but I never got it - who do I take this up with?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Maybe it's because I have Prime, but every single thing I've ever ordered from Amazon has required a signature (though it is more often provided by my apartment office than me).

I've seen plenty of Amazon packages left by my door.
This is from USPS, UPS, FedEx, and Lasership.

Ive got a PO box with the post office signing for the packages - a service they offer where you can use their street address - and have still had issues. However , all the places that will not deliver to PO boxes will deliver with this option.

Maybe it's because I have Prime, but every single thing I've ever ordered from Amazon has required a signature (though it is more often provided by my apartment office than me).

I've never needed to sign for anything from amazon, they have left computer monitors, SSd's and all sorts of stuff just sitting on my doorstep.

Future reference , if this happens again and the items are from Amazon , just call Amazon support. They'd have cleared this up in one call.

I had something similar happen with a GPS unit, the delivery guy delivered to the wrong address , someone else singed for it and never seen it again. I tried to play nice with the seller since he was a small independent, but from the get go his demands were ridiculous . So I called Amazon they refunded me instantly; but this is also why sellers don't like selling through Amazon. I guess that is how corrupted business has become in the states when sellers wont refund or deal with customers , but complain because they feel they are being ripped off?

- - - Updated - - -

I've seen plenty of Amazon packages left by my door.
This is from USPS, UPS, FedEx, and Lasership.

This is because you're not reading the sellers fine print. A lot of Amazon shippers have a fine print clause stating , unless otherwise told they will not require a signature unless told to do so.

I typically only buy from Amazon directly, this is something I watch out for.

Future reference , if this happens again and the items are from Amazon , just call Amazon support. They'd have cleared this up in one call.

I had something similar happen with a GPS unit, the delivery guy delivered to the wrong address , someone else singed for it and never seen it again. I tried to play nice with the seller since he was a small independent, but from the get go his demands were ridiculous . So I called Amazon they refunded me instantly; but this is also why sellers don't like selling through Amazon. I guess that is how corrupted business has become in the states when sellers wont refund or deal with customers , but complain because they feel they are being ripped off?

I know, that's speicifically why I ordered from HiFiMan through Amazon instead of off HFM directly (both had the same black friday deal). Actually had an issue during their Prime Day sale, ordered an inverter and a different set of headphones (notice a trend? There may be a trend). UPS ended up leaving them at the door (and yes, I just double checked, they were sold direct by Amazon, I have Prime, no I didn't leave a note on the door for that package, no signature needed).

But anyway, the package was left at the door and when I got back to my apartment the package was gone. I contacted Amazon to see if I needed to contact UPS on my end, they said no worries and sent out a tracking number for a replacement within just a few hours.

The reason I didn't do that this time was because HFM seemed responsive and willing to work with me on it already. I didn't want to go to Amazon and having them muscle HFM into doing something they would have done eventually anyway.

Back