• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP taskbar locks out ???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chrismacan

I have found that my taskbar in XP PRO disappears frequently...
It usually happens after I have opened explorer or netscape...but also when I open other programs...I can still use <alt> + <tab> to switch between applications and I can still right click on the desktop to get display properties...IT does't make a difference if the taskbar is set to autohide or not...I tried both...

However, I can't get the start button to work or bring back the taskbar...I push the start key in windows or <ctrl> + <alt> + <esc> an nothing happens...The computer is not locked everything else works, even shortcuts...but only on the desktop.

The only solution I have found to get the taskbar back is to change my theme in XP. So now I have two identical themes that I switch between when this happens...

Can anyone suggest anything to fix this? I am quite annoyed by this little bug. This is my only WIN XP PRO problem that I haven't been able to solve myself...

THANKS

The exact same thing has happened to me before. I recently downloaded all the updates (and there are a lot) for XP, and I haven't had the problem since. I don't know if that had anything to do with it though, I might've just been lucky.

Back