• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Project: The Mammoth

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

James730730

Registered
Hello, everybody. I'm going to log my first watercooled build. I will upload some pictures of my case and my current hardware tomorrow, and soon I'll start setting up my water cooling. I may buy bits at a time, rather than all at once. It depends on my money situation after Christmas. I hope you all like this, and that this is actually an okay place to post this. :D

The Mammoth​

Perfect place. I suggest once you get done you get it all ready with everything typed and set up with pics. Then make one post and 3-5 more 'reserved' posts under it so you can add pics etc since you are limited to pics per post. Once you make a post it can fill with comments and fluff etc. It's up to you.

Nice, best of luck. After Xmas and over the next few months do what you can. Build logs need to be managed. Some seem to go on forever and just become... ignored.

Please, no 10 posts of the boxes you bought or 10 pics of each step. Write a visual book that folks want to read.:) Many of us have seen a lot already and 5 angles of a waterblock just is, umm ...click, lemme check the next post.

So, finally I moved rooms, giving me more space to build my pc. I've not got anything watercooled yet, that will come later, but first. I want to show you this; DSCF8576Small.jpg

The Mammoth

Yes. It is huge. Two Core X9's stacked. Bigger than I realised, but great.

In the top is my build that I will be watercooling. With a Z87X-UD4H motherboard, running an Intel 4770K, and a 980 TI Posiedon, the CPU and GPU will both be watercooled by a 480 Rad Sat top and centre of the case. It has 16 Gig of ram.

In the bottom is an old motherboard, don't know what it is :D, which I will be running my first Linux OS on, mainly just as something different.

Yes. Seems that way. :D The cases aren't that expensive, really, so I thought, why not get two? Might build a house for my pet rats in the bottom. ;)

Back