• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Going travelling, in need of a laptop capable of PRO audio production (ADVICE)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

max-miller

As the title states I will be going travelling and I am looking for a new laptop to take with me.

The laptop needs to be capable of running Cubase 7.5 as well as a large number of plugins simultaneously with no hitches, low noise is of paramount importance.
It would also be great if I would be able to use the laptop for occasional gaming but it will be primarily used for audio production.

I'm thinking 2x SSD Is mandatory, as will be some monster RAM

Any body out there have any recommendations spec wise if they have experience with a similar build before?

You'd be better served posting this over at gear-****z. My live rig has 2012q1 i5 with 8gig's of 1866 ram and an ssd main drive. That rig can handle handle 16 tracks at 96k through pro tools 10, loaded down with plugins(nothing crazy. Eq, compression, reverb) on every channel. That's 16 tracks in, 4-6 bus mixes and 1-2 master out's depending on the situation. The laptop never stutters, and records to disk while sending the mix to the p.a. with an in-audible amount of latency to the band. That laptop cost me $500. And if you want clean audio you need an audio interface.

Back