• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Marathon Season IV January: Catzilla 720p

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Its W10... but here is an unofficial run. Something is up with my LN2 BIOS.. it wont let me change the memory. So I went back to the original but modded bios, power limit only (138%). Stock voltage (1.22) and memory raised to 1.65V (from 1.6). Need LN2 mode to work though!! Just on ambient (68F), fan at 70% I hit 57C.

cazla-41708.jpg

Does W7 make that big of a difference in score? Im getting worked by a IV-E with less clocks in the CPU tests (Metal).
I take it with the physics tests this thing likes cores?
I have to load up W10 on the 6700K or W7 on the 5820K...

Last edited:
It's the GFX score that that counts highest on this test IMO

ssjwizard / GTX670 / water / 17400

catzilla2.jpg

Managed to squeeze about another 1000 points out of it with minor tweaks. On to the deeper level shizzz

Its W10... but here is an unofficial run. Something is up with my LN2 BIOS.. it wont let me change the memory. So I went back to the original but modded bios, power limit only (138%). Stock voltage (1.22) and memory raised to 1.65V (from 1.6). Need LN2 mode to work though!! Just on ambient (68F), fan at 70% I hit 57C.

Does W7 make that big of a difference in score? Im getting worked by a IV-E with less clocks in the CPU tests (Metal).
I take it with the physics tests this thing likes cores?
I have to load up W10 on the 6700K or W7 on the 5820K...

Score depends from many factors so hard to say what will be best. When I was running it on 5820K then some others on 4790K and similar clock had better results so I don't think it's using all cores in total score. Even if CPU score is higher then not always total score is. In general this benchmark is kinda bugged and best is to compare scores on various settings, cpus and storage. I have often better results on lower clocked CPU so pushing all to the limits is not always best idea. So again it's something worth to compare in couple of runs.

All updated, keep em coming

ok got my 970 ftw+ installed , everything is still @stock lol

XRogerX/GTX 970 FTW+/AIR/22712
sniper%2022712.png

Last edited:
THAT'S IT, THAAAAAT'S IT, you have pushed me just a little TOOOOOOOOOO far, I'M just going to have to grab out my mighty 760's!!!!!!!

Score depends from many factors so hard to say what will be best. When I was running it on 5820K then some others on 4790K and similar clock had better results so I don't think it's using all cores in total score. Even if CPU score is higher then not always total score is. In general this benchmark is kinda bugged and best is to compare scores on various settings, cpus and storage. I have often better results on lower clocked CPU so pushing all to the limits is not always best idea. So again it's something worth to compare in couple of runs.
The odd part...I had:

Faster clockspeeds on the cpu
Newer cpu
Faster clocks in gpu core (100 mhz shy on gpu ram)
Same driver

....yet Im more 3k+ away.

Wondering if it's windows....

Johan45/GTX980 Strix/Air/ 34261
Just trying out some new mems
cat 34261.JPG

Pretty sure but they have a hard time going higher with low CL
Can run 3950 ish at 16-16-16 but CL15 is a stretch. Still need some play time. It's TridentZ 2x8 3600 17-19-19

I think those are the ones I should have gotten but so far these are a big improvement over my old stuff

Back