• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Marathon Season IV January: Catzilla 720p

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i normally get a board with a reset button on it but i guess this time i over looked it when i got this board , so im kicking myself is the butt , a big mistake on my part

i looked at that Site but it worries me cause that like 10yrs old will that still work for todays GFX Cards , got to remember it took me months to save up for this card lol
i know i sound like a baby when it comes to this , im not scared of over clocking ,just wierd to see a 10 yr post for a new card is all , not saying its wrong

Same concepts...

Crank the power limit, raise core clocks u til you see artifacts/freezes, add a bit of voltage, rinse and repeat until you hit the power limit and start throttling. Rinse and repeat with memory.

GPU OCing is much safer than CPU OCing. There are built in safety measures in the GPU. I'm not saying that you can't kill them, but it's considerably harder.

well i dont know how to overclick it , for one and really dont know how to overclock on this MSI board for another ,and to reset the bios in this thing Sucks butt , cause i have to keep removing the darn GFX card to do it as the jumper is behind the card on the top PCI-E x16 slot lol

Those 970s OC like a beast Roger. Just open the tuning utility it comes with add some clocks and test it. So easy compared to the CPU. It should do around 1600/2000

I'm going to hold off posting your results till you kick that thing in gear

Ran the 7870 on the 6700k with Win10. Showed some real improvement in FPS and was able to OC just a tad more.

Johan45/HD 7870/Air? 11871
cat 7870 11871.JPG

well i dont know how to overclick it
MSI Afterburner
http://gaming.msi.com/features/afterburner

install that and start with fan speed and pushing the coreclock up and powerlimit, and finally MAOR VOLTS then memory! :thup:

Devlos / 550Ti (192b) / AIR / 5889

image_id_1564689.jpeg

If you get a black screen in catzilla you can usually press "Ctrl + Shift + Esc" and end process for AllBenchmark.exe and reset settings in afterburner instead of full reboot.

Well i did it Guys i Broke her CHERRY lol
nothing Big but its broke lol

XRogerX / GTX 970 FTW+ / AIR /24493

24493.png

That's more like it , I'm sure you could set that core up another 100 or more and get that CPU off it's arse. Doesn't have to be 5.0 but your physics scores could use a boost.

Is that card OC'd

@XRogerX
That's much better Rog

It has +135mhz on the core clock and +150mhz on the memory. The card could do much better on water or a larger case with better airflow, I am currently limited by heat dissipation in a small case. This is the first time my rig has been turned on in almost 5 months!

ok what am i doing so wrong ,Physics score so Low
Don't try and compare the Physics score to Intel counterparts. Try and push the Cpu more and if you can work on the Dram Freq/Timings find the sweet spot for them and bump Nb Freq higher if you can.

Well i learned the hard way that the KPE isn't just ready to go. getting to know the EvBot was fun though. After i had spent about 90% of my LN2 I finally figured out that the KPE needs a special BIOS to get past the throttling. I thought and tried so many different things even thought for a while it was a CPU problem. Near the end I flashe to the "special" BIOS and things started to happen too little too ate though. Almost had a better one crashed at the end and not enough juice to do it again.

Johan45/GTX 980Ti/ ln2/ 50425 @ 1668

image_id_1565508.jpeg

Well i learned the hard way that the KPE isn't just ready to go. getting to know the EvBot was fun though. After i had spent about 90% of my LN2 I finally figured out that the KPE needs a special BIOS to get past the throttling. I thought and tried so many different things even thought for a while it was a CPU problem. Near the end I flashe to the "special" BIOS and things started to happen too little too ate though. Almost had a better one crashed at the end and not enough juice to do it again.

Johan45/GTX 980Ti/ ln2/ 50425 @ 1668

View attachment 173361

Good job! Trial and error sucks but its part of learning. Vince said he was going to release another BIOS a week or so ago but I'm not sure if he did or not, If you don't mind post us a linky to the one you ended up using.

It was a bit frustrating to say the least but the card never bugged out on me the whole time which is a good sign. I kept raising the clocks but when iy didn't crash the score hadn't improved at all. I should have realized sooner I guess but it's done now. Here's the link http://overclockingpin.com/980TiKPxoc/980TiKP_XOC.rom it's a dirct link as well. I'm going to post the .rom in the GFX card software thread as well just in case.

EDIT: added a few more things to the software thread http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php/756364-Graphics-Card-Software-Mod-Archive

Last edited:
Back