• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Marathon Season IV January: Catzilla 720p

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
This is weird, maybe other pcie slot ? Usually it's working at pcie 2.0 instead of 3.0, not in x1 mode. What is CPU-Z showing in motherboard tab ?

Yes, in the motherboard tab is the same, x1.

grrrr.PNG

I went back through my screenshots of of the same windows install and the same everything but drivers and the 550 ti instead, they were all working correctly.

All my catzilla scores on this card have been a little lacking.... I think this is why.

Went back to stock bios and the same.

I don't want to hijack this threat but anyone have any ideas?? :p

In the next slot which is x8, the same. Should be
Expansion Slots
1x PCI Express x16 slots, running at x16
1x PCI Express x16 slots, running at x8
3x PCI Express x1 slots
2x PCI slots

Last edited:
Yes, in the motherboard tab is the same, x1.

View attachment 174131

I went back through my screenshots of of the same windows install and the same everything but drivers and the 550 ti instead, they were all working correctly.

All my catzilla scores on this card have been a little lacking.... I think this is why.

Went back to stock bios and the same.

I don't want to hijack this threat but anyone have any ideas?? :p

In the next slot which is x8, the same. Should be
Expansion Slots
1x PCI Express x16 slots, running at x16
1x PCI Express x16 slots, running at x8
3x PCI Express x1 slots
2x PCI slots

Do you have another video card to test the slot?????
If slot tests the same with different card = Bad Board
If slot tests good with different card = Bad PCIe Chip on Card (Bad Card)

I know this is a quick down and dirty test but it will give you your answer the fastest.

Yeah if you're talking about compared to W10 I didn't see much difference between the two.

I scored 41.7K in W10, 36.3K in W7... same system, same clocks on CPU and GPU... not sure if that OS is hosed or what. Perhaps its time to start over there....something isn't right, lol.

I scored 41.7K in W10, 36.3K in W7... same system, same clocks on CPU and GPU... not sure if that OS is hosed or what. Perhaps its time to start over there....something isn't right, lol.
Don't know, on my Z170 on new Os installs for both I only saw a 100-200 point variance between W10 and W7 using the GTX 980 and everything else at a constant.

image_id_1577531.png

Had to unbrick that card from a bad bios flash from like 6 months ago anyway so I did, then installed accelero arctic 3 and tried it .... :fight: working x16 in the same slot as 670 @ x1 ... just had to goto 341.92 drivers to run the 9800 GT but switched back to the 670 without changing anything else (kept the 341 drivers) and was at x1, updated the drivers to most recent and was still x1 on 670.

Like 12 hours late.... :facepalm:

Back