• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Batman Arkham Knight - frame drops . Ram or HDD issue?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like that video is running Windows 10 as well. Pretty sure that is what the "activate Windows" ghost is from.

So the video is running a different OS, a newer faster cpu, different memory (ddr4 vs ddr3), a different mobo, probably an ssd, etc and you're wondering why he is getting frame drops in slightly different places than you are?

IT'S BECAUSE HE IS USING A DIFFERENT COMPUTER! Even if everything was exactly the same there would still probably be differences. Even repeating the same loop on the same computer would probably have slight variations each time.

My pc is 4790k stock, 16 gb DDR 3 1600mhz, Asus Strix 980 Ti , Corsair 750 RM, Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2.

But here is a guy with 4790k , 16gb DDR 3, Evga 980 Ti Acx:

4:31 second. 69 fps when i have 58 fps. And i dont know why that place.

Create a video and show us please...

Edit: doesn't the game have a built in benchmark? Have you compared results with others from that? The included benchmark would offer a truly repeatable scene so you can actually compare apples to apples

Also from other side here is a user with even with SSD:

Windows 10 Enterprise 64.bit
CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K 4000.MHz
ASUS X99-A / USB 3.1
Kingston HyperX Fury DDR4 2666.MHz 16GB Kit
Crucial SSD MX200 (250GB)
Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1TB, 7200U/min
Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming
Cooler master storm stryker white
Seasonic Platinum Series 760 Watt
Thermalright True Spirit 140 BW Rev. A

And he getting even worst fps than me on that places , so now i dont understand this.

Sec that place: 15:38 hes gpu usage is crippling down to 48% ,like mine card, and he get also there low fps.

So if someone has less, someone has more, and you are in between, this tells me there isn't a problem. The video above also isn't a like system!!!!

I think the issue here is, with respect, you. You are comparing YouTube videos and expecting that in an area that is not repeatable, expect the same FPS. It doesn't work that way.

Doesn't the game have a built in benchmark? If so, how does that compare with other results on the web?

Clearly this game is all over the map. Clearly you don't have a problem. If I was you, I would turn off the FPS counter and enjoy the game. You are getting too hung up on these tiny details for no reason. None. Honestly sew/liwicki, I wouldn't spend another moment worrying about it.

Not in benchmark yet. Anyway i must to ask. If my gpu is crippling down usage to 44% in 2 different places in game is not a sign of unstable card?

Nope..your card is fine for the 48696933 time. Stop asking that question. :)

Run the benchmark and compare it to others. Post back with a screenshot of ALL your in game settings as well as the result of your benchmark. Let us know what you find when comparing it to others with the exact same setup and driver.

If your game runs as good as those videos there is definitely nothing wrong with your video card or PC. I have seen other complaints in that game with people complaining about artifact when I was able to see there video there was a extreme amount of hitching sew you are doing fine.

Cant wait to see more of what you have to show maybe there is something however other people dip to the 46 FPS this is getting vary interesting now that you have provided other peoples bench mark videos.

Some guy from official batman forum said to me:"Your problem is the HDD, and even worse the same HDD as your OS. You need to run the game off of an SSD to get smooth performance."

But like i said HDD is not working during game, i cant hear hdd. Second thing. That dips i am getting always on 2 spots in game , when i am driving in batmobile. So it can be because i dont have SDD or its very doubtful?

Who knows at this point...

You have other ways to test (wiping out OS and reinstalling)... but outside of accepting it or buying and ssd (samsung 850 evo), that is all you have.

As has been recommended, the addition of more RAM and an SSD to improve loading things quickly (Which the batmobile forces) are really the only two upgrades you had left. You've done one of the two at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back