• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Laptop Sugestions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

oG AnarCHy

We're all out of trollish titles
So I have had a Lenovo Y-40(i7, 1tb hard drive, 8gb ram, r9 m750 graphics) laptop for the past year and a half and am currently RMAing my second one as of yesterday. I am a little fed up with their customer service on their consumer line of products(I work IT at school and their ThinkPad stuff is great). So I'm hunting for a new laptop around the 600-700 dollar price range, since that is a little more than what I can get for my old laptop.

My aim is to get a laptop that is around 15" and has a comfortable key board to type on. My primary uses will be for application development, I have started working on a Dx11 engine so having a discrete GPU that will allow me to run my applications would be nice. With this in mind I have been leaning towards refurbished workstation laptops, since their part are replaceable and they seem to have more UMPH. If anyone has suggestions as to what you use your impute is greatly appreciated.

This is the one I'm looking at
http://www.amazon.com/Dell-M4600-Wo...52005110&sr=1-8&keywords=dell+precision+m4600
it's under my budget so I may get a nice SSD :p

Back