• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FX9590 unstable

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'd have to argue and say there was something wrong/is something perhaps inherently wrong with the 9590s. At my old work, we had a workshop, and 9590s always came back one way or another, and the boards being used were always the higher end Asus boards or otherwise with sufficient VRM/cooling etc. We had a fair few we had to RMA and always replaced them with 9370s and had no problems there after.. Even after getting some 9590s replaced brand new (different batches etc) we'd have the customer come back and say they're having the same problems. This is also after replacing the board as well...

As a general rule, whilst I have no hate against AMD, I never recommended a 9590 to a customer, and if they strictly wanted AMD I'd push for a 9370/8370 or something similar. Purely for the sake of reducing our RMA requests. x.x

You don't think either of these 360mm AIOs would do the trick?

Deepcool Gamer Storm Captain 360
Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate
Fractal Design Kelvin S36
Swiftech H20-320 Edge HD
Cooler master Glacer 360L

Doubt it. I was on 480 worth of BI Extremes with fan power that not many people would care to be in the same room with.

I'd have to argue and say there was something wrong/is something perhaps inherently wrong with the 9590s. At my old work, we had a workshop, and 9590s always came back one way or another, and the boards being used were always the higher end Asus boards or otherwise with sufficient VRM/cooling etc. We had a fair few we had to RMA and always replaced them with 9370s and had no problems there after.. Even after getting some 9590s replaced brand new (different batches etc) we'd have the customer come back and say they're having the same problems. This is also after replacing the board as well...

As a general rule, whilst I have no hate against AMD, I never recommended a 9590 to a customer, and if they strictly wanted AMD I'd push for a 9370/8370 or something similar. Purely for the sake of reducing our RMA requests. x.x

Well I might have been one of those RMA requests... but for the Crosshair V Formula-Z, not the 9590. I had just gotten my second R9 295X2 and the manual says to use the ez-plug to help power multiple GPUs. When I did that and pressed the power button, I heard a ticking sound then nothing. The board was dead. I was SO scared that it affected my 9590 but thank goodness it didn't, just my SSD was affected. Just got an RMA for the board and the SSD, didn't use the ez-plug and all was well.

- - - Updated - - -

Doubt it. I was on 480 worth of BI Extremes with fan power that not many people would care to be in the same room with.

WOW... Seriously?! I say this because I've been using the AMD FX Series AIO Liquid Cooler 3 years now. Runs 4.8Ghz stable. The jump from 4.8Ghz to 5Ghz is only .2... So that .2Ghz gain requires a change from a 120mm AIO to a custom water loop requiring 4 radiators? That is so crazy yet so interesting and cool :clap:

Last edited:
Personally wouldn't spend the extra money for the slight gains you may get. Not likely to make that much difference in your day to day computing. I run my HTPC with an FX 9370 at 4.6 summer, 4.7 winter and it games just fine.

- - - Updated - - -

WOW... Seriously?! I say this because I've been using the AMD FX Series AIO Liquid Cooler 3 years now. Runs 4.8Ghz stable. The jump from 4.8Ghz to 5Ghz is only .2... So that .2Ghz gain requires a change from a 120mm AIO to a custom water loop requiring 4 radiators? That is so crazy yet so interesting and cool :clap:

My voltage for 5 gig stable was 1.55v. It makes a lot of heat at that voltage running 8 cores.

Personally wouldn't spend the extra money for the slight gains you may get. Not likely to make that much difference in your day to day computing. I run my HTPC with an FX 9370 at 4.6 summer, 4.7 winter and it games just fine.

Agreed. Its just preference. It is advertised as a 5Ghz processor so it would be nice to run it at 5Ghz stable, lol.

My voltage for 5 gig stable was 1.55v. It makes a lot of heat at that voltage running 8 cores.

Mine is at 1.538v atm. Would you be kind enough to share your settings?

Back