• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Meep! Meep!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Macaholic

New year! New challenge! Let's see what ya got HayesK! My estimation is that right now a few of yer coyotes are coralled! Better let 'em loose! The road runner is coming to take yer spot at the top of the canyon! :thup:

My farm animals have been on their own for over a week. Apparently some of the animals are taking advantage of my absence. Hopefully the remainder will continue to contribute at the current level until I return. Will be about 1.5 weeks before I will be able to motivate them.

Mac, How many watts from the wall are those hosts with 2xGTX980Ti pulling while folding on the gpus (nothing extra on the CPU)?

Mac, How many watts from the wall are those hosts with 2xGTX980Ti pulling while folding on the gpus (nothing extra on the CPU)?

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 with Core i3 4160, 8GB RipJaws dual channel, Win 7 64-bit. In my opinion it is a much better usage of slots and watts than my 970's. Others may disagree. :thup:

image_zpsz4fjswve.jpeg

image_zpsrz1rl8dc.jpeg

2 980ti's make a mill a day???? on win7, what driver?
the get in cost is high but..............

Most current game release drivers from nVidia. Here are some numbers from my dual GTX 970 FTW MSI Z97-G45 Gaming with Core i3 4150, 8GB RipJaws dual channel, Win 7 64-bit. Just for comparison sake. Not exactly apples to apples since it is running Core 18 units, but you get the idea. :thup:

image_zpsyunljufr.jpeg

image_zpsvrk1ehwu.jpeg

I have a 980 on the way in, latter part of the week.
I'll have to find my dual boot apu rig and do a little testing when it comes in.

Wise choice. Here is close to an apples to apples comparison of GTX 970 FTW (354.99 Amazon) vs. GTX 980 FTW Ti (669.99 Amazon) on Core 21 units. The GTX 980 FTW Ti makes better use of the slot. :thup:

image_zpsg3upnmcj.jpeg

image_zps8ivw8gou.jpeg

Mac, looks like you should be putting up ~3.5-4.0 MM ppd folding on the 6x-980ti + 2x-970. stats are only showing one day reaching 3.4MM. Could be some issue with one or more of the gpus. Also, may want to verify all your hosts are using the new core_21-v17 and force update if missing. Think v17 has been rolled out to regular FAH, but all projects may not be forcing update to the new core.

Just want to be sure you are up to full ppd by time I get home.:)

Wise choice. Here is close to an apples to apples comparison of GTX 970 FTW (354.99 Amazon) vs. GTX 980 FTW Ti (669.99 Amazon) on Core 21 units. The GTX 980 FTW Ti makes better use of the slot. :thup:

Mac, why are you using a camera to take a screen shot? Just use the "Prt Scr" key then paste to MS Paint then save as JPG? :rofl::chair:

Mac, looks like you should be putting up ~3.5-4.0 MM ppd folding on the 6x-980ti + 2x-970. stats are only showing one day reaching 3.4MM.

Just want to be sure you are up to full ppd by time I get home.:)

Only 5x-980 FTW Ti and 2x-970 FTW. :sn:

Right now.

Please hurry home. Meep! Meep! Zip tang! :burn: :thup:

with a single 970 in Linux @1500 I draw about 275 watts for 320K ppd in my power sipping (what a joke) apu rig.
I'll let it run over night and reboot into win7 and see what it draw and scores.

the 980 just got here so I have to get that up and running

well, he's right.
just throwing in the 980 in Linux with no adjustments under linux, the 980 scores about 1/3 more points and uses about 1/5 more watts.

Last edited:
man, you must have your slots set up right, are you running your slot as client-type advanced or something?
under windows I'm getting ox17's for 125,000 a day............

Last edited:
using the latest driver, uninstalled it and reinstalled it and got it up to 300,000, but still 100,000 short of running it under Linux.
any ideas how to get it up to the 400,000 I got under Linux?

Back