• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg lost package claim

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

austinjay

i ordered a i3 6100, z170 mobo, a psu and a gtx 750ti a few weeks ago from newegg and last week on wednesday i got a shipping notification from fedex statin the package was delivered at my front door. i check my front door and nothing was there. i call fedex and they put a trace of my shipment and contacted the driver to see where he/she could have left it. a few days later i called and they said that the driver forgot where they put it and they couldnt do anything. i contact newegg and they file a claim against fedex that would take 7-10 days.
the problem is that im building this for a customer that needs it asap and i need to ship the pc as well. is there any way i can speed up the process at all? thank you

When you contacted Newegg did you say you want a replacement or refund? Or did that not come up? I had that happen with a set of speakers I ordered off Newegg a couple months back. The 7-10 day number for me was for a direct replacement, while straight refund would be slightly quicker (forgot the exact quoted time, 3-5 days or 5-7 days). You could go that way and simply re-order the parts. Aside from that, I'm not really sure if there's anything that can expedite a claim, Newegg is kind of at the mercy of Fedex as well.

The difference being my order shipped UPS and the tracking showed the package as "stuck" (didn't move for about a week and a half).

Last edited:
When you contacted Newegg did you say you want a replacement or refund? Or did that not come up? I had that happen with a set of speakers I ordered off Newegg a couple months back. The 7-10 day number for me was for a direct replacement, while straight refund would be slightly quicker (forgot the exact quoted time, 3-5 days or 5-7 days). You could go that way and simply re-order the parts. Aside from that, I'm not really sure if there's anything that can expedite a claim, Newegg is kind of at the mercy of Fedex as well.

The difference being my order shipped UPS and the tracking showed the package as "stuck" (didn't move for about a week and a half).

i asked for a replacement because they said it would be the same amount of time wheter it was a replacement or a refund. what do you mean that newegg is at the mercy of fedex

Newegg has to perform their claim with FedEx to get their money back also.

Back