• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hey guys I'm back and asking for some help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GIXXERGUY6

I just downloaded F@H again and it's a webbased program now?

I have my i7-920 3.8
2 - GTX 760 SC's

CPU is at 99%, 1 GPU is at 99%, but the 2nd GPU is only at 0%

Thanks in advance

No, it has a web interface that loads when you start. If you want the console, left click on the notification icon and choose "Advanced Control"

I have my i7-920 3.8
2 - GTX 760 SC's

Thanks in advance

You want to have at least 1 core free per card. And the PPD difference is high enough, that I don't actually use the CPU on my systems, just the video cards.

In the Advanced Console, select "Configure" at the top left. Then select the Slots tab on the window that pops up. You can then add a GPU slot. (Uncheck the radio button for CPU if it is selected, and check the radio button for GPU). You shouldn't have to adjust any of the auto-filled variables.

Good luck, and welcome back!

No, it has a web interface that loads when you start. If you want the console, left click on the notification icon and choose "Advanced Control"

You want to have at least 1 core free per card. And the PPD difference is high enough, that I don't actually use the CPU on my systems, just the video cards.

In the Advanced Console, select "Configure" at the top left. Then select the Slots tab on the window that pops up. You can then add a GPU slot. (Uncheck the radio button for CPU if it is selected, and check the radio button for GPU). You shouldn't have to adjust any of the auto-filled variables.

Good luck, and welcome back!

Sup torin,

It already had the 2 GPU's listed and the CPU, 1 one 2 minute tpd and the other was 6 minute. I now have slots

0 cpu
1 gpu
2 gpu

*which is what I had previously folding.PNG

I"m not sure what is going on then. How are you checking the load on the GPUs?

What is the time per frame on each GPU?

please do as torin said, go in and disable the cpu slot.
with the 760 cards use driver 327.23 if you are using windows.

I did an uninstall of MSI afterburner and F@H

gpu1 is 97-99%
gpu2 is 95%

in F@H client

GPU:0 says eta 9.36 days 2h14m 0x18 project 10484 (0.157.171)
GPU:1 says eta 9.99 days 2h24m 0x18 project 9412 (734.4.3) 3 minutes later it says 15h42m

I think we are good now.

Last question for the night LOL

Do I still need to set the CPU to 8 cores with this new client?

Hell I didn't even answer your temp question lol

Not sure on slot unless as asked below slot 01 is gpu 0 and slot 02 is gpu 1 so:

gpu 1 is 63c
gpu 2 is 94c

fans are cranked on 100

settings for the cards in afterburner are

+12 Core Volt
115 power %
+0 core clock
+0 mem clock

gpu-z

gpu 980
mem 1502
boost 1033

gpu 1072
mem 1502
boost 1137

one is
http://www.techpowerup.com/gpudb/b2155/evga-gtx-760-w-evga-cooler.html
and the other is
http://www.techpowerup.com/gpudb/b2124/evga-gtx-760-sc-w-acx-cooler.html

Last edited:
Every 5 minutes GPU2 drops from 95-96% to 0 and then right back up

I'm not sure which gpu is working on which WU, but in the past it was gpu0 is 1 and gpu1 is 2 is that still the same way? If so then gpu 2 is the one that has tpf of 9m16s gpu1 has tpf of 2h14m

that pause in folding is the software saving the data, this is normal, control has a place you can adjust it but they have killed the function and it is controlled by the work unit now.
that 94c temp has to come down some how.

I'm still using an older F@H client 7.1.52 for Win, I can email it to you if you want, PM me your email.

If you are ging to fold o the cpu set cpu:6, leaving 2 cores free for the gpu's. As for the temps I would try and get some more airflow on that hot card - 94c is getting close to the thermal limits and it may already be starting to throttle.

If you are ging to fold o the cpu set cpu:6, leaving 2 cores free for the gpu's. As for the temps I would try and get some more airflow on that hot card - 94c is getting close to the thermal limits and it may already be starting to throttle.

cards already were at 100% fan speed with plenty of airflow. They are stacked, not spaced because the other pci slot is nonfunctional.

then let some how get a fan feeding some cooler air to the upper card, point something in there.....

I have my i7-920 3.8
2 - GTX 760 SC's

Thanks in advance

Hey. We're missing you already. If there is something that we can do to help out, please let us know. It looks like you had a rough time getting setup. Maybe F@H found a weaknes in one of your cards? If you still want to join in on the fun, we'll take anything you got to give.

I've been back up for a couple days, but having heat issues and dust issues LOL. I'll get the system back up and running when I get some spare time and money.

Also within a about 6 months or so if things take off I'll have the chance to build a company computer for video and photo editing and I'll go all out since it will be a tax write off :D

either a 6700k with quad 980 ti's on a Classy board and I'll get 2 more 980 ti's to run with riser cards :D

I might go with a Xeon E5 something, but the 6700k would suffice. 32 or 64gb DDR4-3200, raid 512 950's, with 2 or 3, 2 or 3TB Reds. I'd have to find a case to make that work. I could just lay a 900D on it's side and have the 2 extra cards on top with a bracket made out of flat stock aluminum I think.

That should be pumping out 1.8m a day in ppd with just the cards running, I would pause for editing of video, but not for photos.

Then if my whole thing works out I'll build another one for a write off :D

Back