• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thermaltake Core P5

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Llyndis

Registered
So I purchased the Thermaltake core p5 and I was wanting see what you guys think of it. I bought a 480mm xspc RX480 radiator, xspc proton d5 res combo, uv orange 1/2 ID tubing, all swiftech compression fittings, killcoil, and distilled water. What is everyone's opinion on this case. Something that concerns me is no cooling to the ram or motherboard. Experts chime in with your knowledge please!

I think it is a REALLY cool looking case. I love that one can see all the guts. If done correctly (proper wire management, etc) it will be awesome.

Ram typically doesn't need any cooling so you are set there. Neither do Intel boards. Now, if you are rocking an AMD FX Octo core, you would likely want to get some air moving across the VRM heatsinks, particularly when overclocking.

I only run Intel cpus. I'm looking at the asus rog formula z170 and putting it in my loop. I got so advice from a local builder and he told me to try and use as few 90s as possible and go with 45s to keep my flow up. I'm super excited about this build and my radiator, pump, and fans will be in tomorrow.

I don't think there is a need for 90s or 45s except to keep it even more clean...

Please post up a build log when you get it... I was thinking of moving to this case (from the Core X9, LOL!), but have a few reservations...

Yeah ill be starting my build log tomorrow. Not sure if I should go ahead and install the components yet or not because it will be a few weeks before I get the motherboard and gpu. What do you recommend? I'll be doing 450 to keep it clean and I'm going to run a ball valve off my pump to drain for maintenance. My evga p2 1200 is massive in the case though lol. I haven't been this excited for a build in a while.

I mean, the mobo and GPU are the most important for proper fitment, so I would wait personally...

Yeah I figured I just want to get my routing planned properly. I'm still unsure of which mb to go with since I have uv orange tubing.

How should I go about lighting this case? I need a few uv lights so my tubing glows.

Back