• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for g-sync 2k monitor with good color fidelity

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I've also read very good user reviews about the non-IPS version, although I was specifically interested in the IPS panel and it's a whine fest at amazon user reviews.

Some people even called the shipment a lottery since after the 3rd time they RMAd the monitor they would get another bad one, with huge backlighting issues, dead pixels and sometimes even a lot of dust behind the screen.

This is why I am keeping my fingers crossed, I hope the carrier manages to bring me the cable today so that I can test the monitor and maybe stop complaining.

edit: ok not even 10 seconds after I pressed the post button I had my cable delivered. Now I just need to soak my head into work so that I don't feel how slow time really is.

Finally it is over, It is up and running, and it is gorgeous.

Me and my gf are not sure how to name it though, yeah we do that with stuff <.<

So far I tried out gw2, the witcher 3 and star citizen. they all play very nicely.

gw2 fps wasn't affected

the witcher 3 got a little dip going from 1080 to 1440, but it is so much better without stuttering and the colors are wonderful.

on star citizen strangly enough I didn't notice too much of a performance loss if any, and I would keep 30fps. another odd thing is that you really don't notice low frame rates.

Never been on an IPS panel, and I must say I am impressed, black is black and white is white, it's like the picture has a lot more depth.

Best money spent on a monitor, I just hope it lasts long enough <.<

Wow thanks for the information, Glad you like it,:drool:I was wondering how well G-sync would do at 30FPS. I have a new LG IPS and Samsung PLS panel, I love the Graphics color, also black is black and white is white for me. The 3D gaming experience is the same fore me also, it's like it does have more depth.

Back