• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

screen size/ viewing distance?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

caddi daddi

Godzilla to ant hills
I got my new podium in today, got it all put together, cooling system mounted to the back, the game rig installed and the wires routed.
now I have to get the screens mounted to the wall.
my eyes are about 5-3/4 feet off the floor and I will view from 5 feet from the screens.
I have 6 new dell ultra sharp displays I can use but it looks like I might be better off with three in portrait and send the other three back.
I don't have the mounts yet, I am just using a table to mock it up on.
any other ideas on viewing configs that might work better or I should at least try?

Depends on the resolution and DPI/scaling that you plan to do. I sit about 3 feet away from my screens which works very well for 1440p or 4K (with the VSR setting turned on and DPI scaling turned up a notch).

the screens are 1920x1080, all I know at this point.
the issues get a little tough, depending on the glasses I wear.
it looks like I'm better off with my bifocals, with my progressive lenses it just makes me want to throw up.......
with 2 rows of three screens the lines in my bifocals become an issue and the lower screens are out of focus unless I back up a good bit.

Back