• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nano Resolution Performance Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kasm

I am looking to get a new gpu and was looking at the gtx980, now with the Nano price cut they are both contenders.

But from looking at the reviews, the Nano does better than the 980 at higher resolution while the opposite is true for lower resolutions. What does this signify? Which card is more likely to last longer in terms of playing new games? BTW right now I play at 1080.

Also, I noticed the Nano only has hdmi 1.4, but neither has hdcp 2.2 or hevc. So it looks like I will need to upgrade in the future when I get a 4k TV and video cards are released that support HDMI 2.0, HDCP 2.2 and HEVC.

Do you guys know when Nvidia and AMD usually release there new models calendar wise?

The reason why the nano wins out at higher resolutions is due to their hbm memory architecture. If you are staying at 1080 or even 2560x1440, it really isn't needed.

They don't come out at particular times of the year... it's when they are ready. That said both AMD and NVIDIA will have new cards out around mideast of the year. I. Eleven there are video cards out that support hdmi2.0 already?

Back