• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

So I changed my project!!! Introducing Project Mayhem!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Llyndis

Registered
So after much reading I decided to change my project around. I read a few things about the core p5 that had me concerned. I picked up a Thermaltake Core X9. I have one XSPC RX 480 radiator. Should I add another one to fill up the top of the case? I am only cooling gpu and cpu. I have the XSPC Photon 270 d5 res and pump combo. I will be running noctua ippc 3000 fans on the one radiator. How should I go about controlling all 14 fans I want to run if I add another radiator. What fans should I run just to move air in the case? I do not mind spending the money on all noctua 3000s. I'll be posting pictures shortly. I will be only using uv lights to highlight my orange uv tubing.

20160116_185646_zps5u4cpokt.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

20160116_191601_zpsgyhmq4zu.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

20160116_194821_zpsmrtl51gi.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

20160116_194825_zpssnnffun4.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

20160116_201420_zpstpiexpi2.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

20160116_204323_zpscuvbtoez.jpg

14 fans? Wow. What are they going on?

In my x9, I have the rear bottom (by hdd), and rear top (by mobo i/o), controlled by the motherboard (as well as the pump). The rest of the fans I use a fan controller and piggy backed each rads fans on their own channel. The front fan is also controlled by the fan controller.

I want to run 2x 200 mm fans in the front but not sure what to get. I do not want led on them. I will be mounting the res in the corner like I have shown with the 480mm radiator above it. I have a m20 to g1/4 adapter on the way so I can run a piece of tubing straight down to the top of the res. I am putting the power supply in the front to showcase it and hard drives in the back. Airflow will come in the front and out the top and back. I'm unsure if I should run all noctua 3000s on the top or just the radiator. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. And how do you think I should go about lighting this with uv lights?

- - - Updated - - -

Well the 14 fans has changed. I'll be doing 8 on top, 2 in front, and 2 in back.

Power supply in the front? Can you put that thing it rests on in another place? Or you molding something? What about wire management with it showing? Personally, I'd leave it in back as it will likely be much cleaner that way. Also, It's a power supply, lol! Or, do you mean the power supply in the back but on the windowed side???

I don't do lights, so no idea on that one.

Nods on the rads, other cheaper ones elsewbere. That cl case has so much room and with another 240mm as intake, you won't need those nkt on a rad. Maybe put some Yate Loons up there...

I already ordered 4 of the noctua 3000s. And yeah I meant power supply on the windowed side of the case. I normally don't mess with lights either I just want my uv tubes glowing. So go noctua on the rad and Yale loons on the rest of the case? I will be using a 4 way fan Splitter pwm to control the radiator fans I'm just unsure of how to go about controlling the other fans. Because isn't there only one pwm on the motherboard?

So I am thinking instead of running these noctua fans on my radiator just buying 11 of the thermaltake riiing fans in orange and putting those all over my case. Should I go ahead and run 2 radiators? Would the distilled water benefit from it at any way? I have the photon d5 270mm res/pump. What's your guys thoughts on these fans?

Well my fans came in today. They should push some serious air. I went with noctua nf f12 ippc 24v 3000 x8 and nf a14 ippc 2000 x4.
20160121_174942_zpsh15awgr8.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

20160121_175001_zpszm7szst7.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

20160121_175036_zpsdxdbrjiz.jpg

How did I miss this my X9 in white just came in today. Thanks for some inspiration I was worried it might be too much case but maybe not now.......

:thup:

Yeah it's not to much case. It's cooling power is amazing and it can expand into so much. I would keep it if I was you. It's a great platform. I am ordering some gskill trident ddr4 memory tonight so hopefully I will get it tomorrow. Newegg has a warehouse by my house. :)

Lucky you I'm waiting on my mobo, and need to decide how much RAD and whether or not I will go SLI (both cards on hand)......

Can't wait to see what yours looks like. Let me know what you find on the 200MM fans.

I don't have 200mm fans. Mine are all noctua 24v of the 120mm which 8 of them will go up top pushing out with 4 of them mounted on the 480mm radiator. Then the other 4 are noctua 140mm which 2 will go on the front and pull air in and then 2 in the back pushing air out of the case. I will have 12 fans total all noctua ippc ip67. And if you have both cards already might as well use them. I'm considering buying another radiator and pump just to cool my cards because I want to cool my cards, gpus, cpu, and mosfets.

I don't have 270mm fans. Mine are all noctua 24v of the 120mm which 8 of them will go up top pushing out with 4 of them mounted on the 480mm radiator. Then the other 4 are noctua 140mm which 2 will go on the front and pull air in and then 2 in the back pushing air out of the case. I will have 12 fans total all noctua ippc ip67.

Gotcha I must have misread before about a 200MM for the front. Need to sort out my fans and whether or not the Corsair SP 120's I ave are worth using for the Rads.......

They are an ok fan. If you have the money get some noctua fans. You cannot go wrong with them. They are the best on the market I do believe. My computer going to sound like a jet.

The corsair have a problem when using more then 4-5 on a PWM hub , PWM stops and they run at full speed ( you can build a amp with 3 parts to fix this )

So I'm looking at processors and motherboards but I'm kind of hung. Should I go ahead and get the skylake i7 6700k or wait a month or two for the new intel processors to drop. Money is not an issue. If I go skylake I'll be getting the new asus rog formula board.

Other premium rad fans to look for are Noiseblocker eloops B12s, Darkside GTs and EK Vardars. All in PWM or voltage control.

Gtx I have already purchased and received all my noctua fans pwm. 24v of course ;) I'm super excited for this build. Just taking my time on things and right now trying to figure out what processor to run. I will be doing some oc and gaming.

Gtx I have already purchased and received all my noctua fans pwm. 24v of course ;) I'm super excited for this build. Just taking my time on things and right now trying to figure out what processor to run. I will be doing some oc and gaming.

Oh ok. My apologies as I must've missed that post.

As for a system, have you looked at the Z170 boards? Lots of bling and features added to them this time around. Kinda jelly my X99 doesn't have some of the features they do. Apparently intel even added PCIe Raid in case someone wants to go nuts and add two intel 750 SSDs together for raid 0 in a PCIe slot. That would be total annihilating speeds.

Yeah I had seen that! That's why I was looking at the Asus rog formula 8 board. It is beautiful. But the next chipper will be socket 2011-e so idk if I should wait for that or just go z170!

Back