• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Final watercooling review before purchase.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

X1XNobleX1X

This is what I have come up with over comments that have been made:
PC Case Gear - Shared Shopping Cart
1 x XSPC PETG Bending Rubber - $4.00ea
1 x EK Supremacy EVO X99 CPU Waterblock Nickel - $79.00ea
2 x EK CoolStream XE 480 Quad Radiator - $149.00ea
6 x XSPC PETG Tubing Clear 14/10mm 50cm 2 Pack - $6.00ea
1 x EK-XTOP Revo D5 PWM Pump - $129.00ea
1 x EK Ekoolant Pastel Concentrate 250ml White - $22.00ea
1 x EK RES X3 250 Reservoir - $69.00ea
12 x XSPC G1/4 Chrome to 14/10mm PETG Triple Seal Fitting - $6.00ea
1 x Alphacool 2 Way Ball Valve G1/4 Chrome - $9.00ea
Total: $718.00 - @pccasegear.com 19/01/2016
Edited by X1XNobleX1X - Today at 11:03 pm

As you can see, the build will be done in a 900D with rads both at the top and bottom basement.

- The purple line in the picture is the drain port.

Watercooling route.png

What processor?
All that radiator for one processor? I'm no expert but it seems like overkill unless you are adding cooling for the video cards too.
People who are experts may wonder what fans you plan to use.

-

Hello, thank you for your comment.

I will be watercooling my GPUs at a later date, for now the 5960x is all that will be watercooled.

I will also be using EK Vadar fans for all the radiators.

What processor?
All that radiator for one processor? I'm no expert but it seems like overkill unless you are adding cooling for the video cards too.

It's an X99 processor, otherwise +1 to all that.

So everything looks good? Just forgot to add another 1-2 bottle more of EK pastel fluid.

Yes, the CPU is a 5960X.

Dye's are generally frowned on here. They tend to gum up your loop and cause more routine maintenance. I would look in to colors tubes and use accent lighting to get the desired effect. JMO.

Also a single 480 rad is overkill for just the CPU let alone 2x 480's.

What processor?

A larger radiator will allow him to use low RPM fans if he is going for quiet.

Guys, while I would agree that the rads he's discussing is overkill for the CPU, he also said he will be adding the GPU's in later on so I don't see the issue. Plus as BlueNostromo said if he's going for silent more rad will allow you to use lower RPM fans (depending on fin density of the rads) which in turn makes the system run quieter. :thup:

Last edited:
OK, I missed the GPU statement. Good deal. I still would shy away from the dye though.

Looks great! Get some distilled water and a killcoil and call it a day. I was going to use dyes myself but seen the terrible reviews on them and made the switch. I would read up on it if I was you.

:welcome: to OCFs.

Nice choice in cases as its great for water cooling.

Please add a list of your components in your main post or at least add them in your signature.

That much rad, yes its overkill but with two other GPUs involved, looks like you're looking for silent build and best delta's achieved.

Good choice on rad fans, especially when you have a filter involved as well. Try using these in push configuration with all rad points as intake and use the non filtered wide open rear as exhaust.

I would steer away from dyes as its already been stated. Trying using some PrimoChill Advanced LRT colored tubing along with some RGB LEDs for ambient or accent lighting.

Edit: I almost forgot to add, make sure to setup a drain valve at the lowest point to make maintenance much easier to deal with.

Last edited:
Back