• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Turn based strategy

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kenrou

So I'm giving RTS a break so in looking for games like "Final Fantasy Tactics" or "Advance Wars" (GBA) for PC, last good one I played was "Battle Isle 3" and "Battle for Wesnoth". I liked the top-down concept and although I can emulate even with the all the embellishments the stretched graphics are cringe-worthy on a 1080p monitor :(

Anyone has any suggestions ?

EDIT : no HoMM please played them all to exaustion ;)

Last edited:
^ This +1

Also, you didn't say what kind of strategy...I'm still a Civilization guy! Civ V is still awesome. Civilization Beyond Earth is OK...it's still growing on me. My problem with this one is that it is much more linear than Civ V ever was.

^ This +1

Also, you didn't say what kind of strategy...I'm still a Civilization guy! Civ V is still awesome. Civilization Beyond Earth is OK...it's still growing on me. My problem with this one is that it is much more linear than Civ V ever was.

You can get Civ V, Civ IV, Beyond earth and more for 15 bucks right now at HUMBLE BUNDLE.

I think Civ would be right up your alley. the XCOM games may also interest you, as they are somewhat turn-based (and there's a new one coming out in a month or so IIRC)

Wasteland 2 is another one that I played recently that was fun.

(If you remember the original Wasteland from WAY back when...this is the sequel...very large game.)

looking for games like "Final Fantasy Tactics" or "Advance Wars" (GBA) for PC, last good one I played was "Battle Isle 3" and "Battle for Wesnoth". I liked the top-down concept

Top-down, turn based, preferably fantasy :)

Wasteland 2

Not fantasy (based in post nuclear war), but there is character development...and a great story line

Back