• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help...MSU Afterburner

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Navigatorgt

Here is the gist of the problem. I downloaded MSI Afterburner and tried overclocking the video card and like an idiot checked the box that has it start automatically. Well, I guess I pushed the settings to far. Now when I start the computer the screen goes black after about 20 seconds or so. I tried uninstalling the program but I think it made some changes as it keeps happening. Can someone help me fix this boneheaded mistake I made? I would greatly appreciate it.

Let me know if you need any specs on my machine but I doubt it since this seems like a software setting.

Have you tried starting in safe mode ? If you have/had CCC you may be able to go back in and change the settings that way. Windows uninstaller won't work in safe mode , but a third party driver cleaner in safe mode may clean out everything and let it run on the Windows drivers. That should allow you to start over.

Have you tried starting in safe mode ? If you have/had CCC you may be able to go back in and change the settings that way. Windows uninstaller won't work in safe mode , but a third party driver cleaner in safe mode may clean out everything and let it run on the Windows drivers. That should allow you to start over.

Yup, I can boot into safe mode and everything is fine. Thats how I was able to delete the program. I'll look for that driver cleaner and try it. Thanks.

Back