• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me Narrow down some boards

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pvt.Dancer

After a long time with my current build I'm finally upgrading!!! I've got 98% of my parts selected and am just stuck on mobo.

I will be Overclocking, gaming, video encoding, etc etc. Cost isn't of huge concern (yay) so I've kind of narrowed down my choices to the following... I've always used Asus in the past and they've been great but I was reading the review on the front page for the ASrock and it got me thinking maybe I should branch out. Anyways, am I missing an option that would be a good choice? I also don't mind paying for extra features cause I like to try different things. But Stability and over clocking are my two biggest wants... Thanks for the help! I've been out of the game too long x_x

1.) ASRock Z170 Extreme7+

2.) Asus Maximus VIII Hero

3.) MSI Z170A GAMING M9 ACK

I think the Extreme 7 is by far the better choice. Power delivery system is way ahead of the other two.

Plus, it's

Overclocks_app-small.png

;)

Air or water (ambient cooled) just about any decent board will be fine. I don't see a point in paying for features you won't use...

ASROCK Z170 Ex4 or Ex6
Giga Z170 Gaming 5
ASUS SLI Pro
MSI Z170 M5

All great options and costs less.

Back