• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tablet + keyboard shopping

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ihrsetrdr

Señor Senior Member
I'm looking to get an Android tablet for web browsing over wifi, and would like to get away from touch and just use a keyboard. Long battery life, somewhere around a 10~11 inch screen.

Any recommendations?

My wife loves her Acer Aspire Switch 10 Tablet. It runs Windows but it has a detachable keyboard and touch screen and she is able to flawlessly convert between the two based on her needs. The battery life on this unit is like 20 hours or something. She doesn't have to charge it that much and she uses it to read books during all of her free time.

My wife loves her Acer Aspire Switch 10 Tablet. It runs Windows but it has a detachable keyboard and touch screen and she is able to flawlessly convert between the two based on her needs. The battery life on this unit is like 20 hours or something. She doesn't have to charge it that much and she uses it to read books during all of her free time.

Battery life's a big factor in my search to replace the.....count=4<!> laptops I'm wanting to replace.

Google Pixel C

The Google Pixel C did catch my eye, while shopping. Read a couple reviews on anandtech and pcmag

The Anandtech article mentioned that the keyboard was $149 extra....:rolleyes:

I'm considering a Asus EeeBook X205TA-DH01

Battery life supposedly decent, 11.6" is in my size range. Storage tight, but not an issue for my intended usage.

Wish it had more than 2GB memory(not expandable); has a Intel Atom Z3735F quad core processor.

Any thoughts on the Intel Atom Z3735F?

Ah, forget about all those underpowered laptops, I changed my mind!

I do consider battery life to be important but I need a machine with some guts!

I'm looking for something with at least an i5 and 4 to 8GB RAM.

Last edited:
This may not be your cup of tea but I just ordered a Xiaomi Mi Pad 2 from a grey-importer (Gearbest & Geekbuying) as a Windows replacement to my aging iPad mini.

Now I haven't got it yet but to me some if the deals there are truly incredible

Looking at the specs it seems there is no gps? I thought all android devices came with gps. Have fun with that.

Back