• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My PC is not posting! Not even to the bios Help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chrispredatorhd

here are some photos of my pc

So here is the issue my pc is not posting no fans are tuning on or anything! the only think that is open is the motherboard LED
Here is my spects
Case: Corsair 780t
Motherboard: Asus Deluxe Z170 Skylake
CPU: intel i7 6700k
Cooler: Corsair Hydro 110i GTX
PSU: Corsair HX 1000
GPU: nvidia 970
I tried many thinks like
removing the ram sticks one by one.
holding the power button for 30sec and after plug everything again and press the power button! Please i need ur help

Attachments

• IMG_7382[1].JPG
    IMG_7382[1].JPG
    930.8 KB · Views: 435
  • IMG_7383[1].JPG
    IMG_7383[1].JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 442
  • IMG_7384[1].JPG
    IMG_7384[1].JPG
    570.4 KB · Views: 399
  • IMG_7385[2].JPG
    IMG_7385[2].JPG
    1 MB · Views: 427
  • IMG_7387[1].JPG
    IMG_7387[1].JPG
    928.8 KB · Views: 410
Welcome to the forums Chris.

In order to help you out best can you give us a little more info?

1. If this is a new build has it posted before?

2. Was/is the computer overclocked?

3. Have you tried resetting the CMOS?

1.Everything is new expect the GPU
2.No Only the GPU but not for a long time
3.I press the button on the motherboard but nothing happens

Are you able to jump start the PSU buy putting a wire between the green wire and any black wire on the 24 pin mb connector ?
If that works can you boot the system touching the 2 pins marked pwr on your mb (where the plug from your case plugs in )

all the wires my friend are black :(
really don't wanna burn something up but i know what you trying to explain me the thinks is that the psu have black cables with no other colors!

Last edited:
PSU is a possibility. I would check the easy things first though. Unplug the the PSU and remove the battery from the motherboard. Press the red CLR_CMOS button a few times. Re-install the battery and plug the PSU back in. Try to post.

clr cmos.JPG

If clearing the CMOS doesnt help (I hope it does) and you still want to check the PSU : Here is a Repository of PSU Pinouts/.

Things to note:

1)Not every PSU has the exact same pinouts, but there is more than one design listed here. The last photo (number 8/8) is likely to correspond with most PSU models that I have seen.

2) If you are still uncomfortable with it , post a pic and ask some questions because asking is better than wrecking stuff :)

Before your do any of the above double check that everything is plugged in correctly. there should be the primary connection to the mobo, another 8 pin for the cpu, and the two for the gpu. Pull them off and reseat them if necessary. Also be sure that they are plugged into the correct places on the psu assuming it is a modular unit.

Last edited:
I was thinking this too Tachi but the 3rd and 4th pics look like the CPU 8 pin is connected. Never hurts to try the easy things though.

Have we tried pressing the power button on the motherboard? It could be the case vandal switch isn't working or not connected properly.

Yes, build it outside the case.

Was it working properly before you put the video card in? I'm not clear if this is a brand new build and has never fired up or if this is a problem that developed on a machine that was previously deployed and working.

i tried nothing happen am still trying to think why is doin this to me.

- - - Updated - - -

no i haven't am thinking to do it today but will take a lot of hours to unplug and remove the cable magament.

- - - Updated - - -

with or without the card is doin the same think..

- - - Updated - - -

for my look everything in on there place everything is plug right in the psu i watch many videos maybe my mistake is on the mobo headers i will check and update you again.

- - - Updated - - -

i'll check the mobo header its the only think tha makes me worry now , you never know , i hope i will find a way out of this issue

You still haven't answered the question of whether this computer is a new build or one that was previously working before you added the video card.

The reason we are suggesting building it outside the case is to eliminate the possibility of a ground short. We have no idea what your experience level is with PC building but one of the common mistakes beginners make is not removing the extra standoff studs under the mother board or putting them in the wrong place so that one of them makes contact with the underside of the board in the wrong place.

Another possibility is bent socket pins.

I anwer one question like yours maybe i didn't see it anyways , everything is new expect the GPU and really don't think to bent the socket pins i put it so gendle inside

If everything is new then nothing is "known working" and you have to figure out what is not firing. If you are comfortable with it, try jumping the PSU to make sure it fires and then you can cross the PSU off your troubleshooting list and move on. Otherwise you will need to get a PSU that you have had working before to test the other components. Basically swapping out every component until you find the one that is causing the malfunction. Perhaps others will be able to give more advice, but that is the road I would have to travel.... one component at a time unfortunatley

So far, we have a known working GPU. :)

- Did you ever build outside the case?
- Did you test the PSU with a multimeter?

This^. If there is a bad component there is no other way to diagnose it without swapping out parts.

But you still need to build it outside the box to eliminate the possibility of a ground short. We recommend doing that before ever putting it in a box actually. Now you know why.

Back