• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Kraken X61 2011 standoff info - will the Corsair H110i ones work?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fritzman

Hi Team

Hey, I've managed to pick up a used X61 and it comes with the Intel 115x stuff, and the board I want to use it on is an Asus X99 Deluxe 3.1 (2011 V3).

I'm running a Corsair H110i, and the X99 standoffs from that are free, but I'd hate to get the tension wrong on the cpu.

Does anyone have (or have access to) both, to compare the standoffs? Even a photo side-by-side might do.

My guess is that they are identical in lengths (heavy thread/unthreaded/fine thread), but yeah... don't want to destroy a $1k+ cpu.

TIA

I don't have any photos to share, but you can likely find this information at their website in the manuals. Hopefully that helps, or hopefully someone has what you are looking for.

Thanks... to avoid any doubt, I've popped the Kraken into my machine and am using the H110i on the 2011 build.
Quite like the Kraken.

Socket 2011 instructions are the same for the 2011-v3.

Yeah, thanks... I got that part... the question (which is now moot), was whether or not the standoffs for the 2011 setups (H110i and X61) are identical.

They're both Asetek units which, IIRC, all use the same backplate/standoffs/etc.
Assuming your H110 is the round pump, that is.