• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me to analyze BSOD.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sew333

Hi . My pc is:
4790k stock speed
16gb ram 2x8gb Hyperx 1600mhz
Disk SSD Samsung 250 GB Evo
Corsair 750 RM
Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2
Strix 980 Ti Oc.

Today my machine get BSOD after installing gpu drivers. I am tired of sudden problems what i get with that pc. Just tired.
I want to know what part is unstable.

Here is a screen, can you help me ?:

image.jpg

I run memtest86 for 5 passes without errors. Cpu is i think stable because i can play many hours without bsods. Just today after installing gpu drivers i get that BSOD.

Is this a new PC setup, also does it crash in windows or gaming? Are you using the newest version of CPU-Z?

In gaming no crashing, in windows normally not too. But today after installing gpu drivers its just bsod. I cant replicate this. It happened once. But why?
BSOD generally are because of unstable hardware.

STOP 0x00000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
Usual causes: Defective hardware (particularly memory - but not just RAM), Faulty system service, Antivirus, Device driver, NTFS corruption, BIOS

Given that the 2x BSODs shown give CPU-Z as being involved, uninstall CPU-Z and test for a few days.

To check whether CPU-Z (or any driver) is loaded, use DriverView, set it to Hide standard Windows drivers to make it easier to spot any odd/old 3rd party drivers, Modified Date column = date of driver release, if you use W10, you want as few W8.1 drivers as possible, newer than 2014 is good.

I suspect CPU-Z might be interfering with a game setting or overlay, might be something as simple as showing frame rates in-game. It could be that another 'utility' driver is interfering with it.

BSODs are generally because of 'bad' 3rd party drivers (60-70%), hardware faults are much less likely causes.

Is this a new PC setup, also does it crash in windows or gaming? Are you using the newest version of CPU-Z?

The latest version of cpus is 1.75. That shows its off a 1.36 version?

I'd also start by either getting the latest cpuz, or uninstalling it.

But i dont have CPUZ installed. Also i run memtest86 for 5 passes no errors. It can be still ram related?

What all monitoring software do you have installed on your computer? Can you show some pictures of your entire program/files installed applications screen?

No monitoring software. Only GPUZ and fraps installed. System is fresh and new. Today just after installing video driver it BSOD.

GPUZ has a similar backend to identify hardware. Try uninstalling that.

All this over one BSOD...:-/

Try scanning for malware just in case. This could be some program you have installed, maybe Nvidia bundles something in its driver.
You should also check for SMART statistics of you drives. Your SSD could be failing or any other drive used for page file.

50 is memory related error - too low IMC voltage or cache is failing after OC. Memtest is useless on new platforms. Simply run Prime95 blend or AIDA64 memory+cache.

I dont damage cpu using PRIme95? Is very stressful to cpu.

If not can you paste good version of Prime95 here?

You won't damage your CPU using prime95 assuming your cooler is properly mounted. And even so it wouldn't necessarily hurt it, the CPU would throttle/shut down the computer if it was overheating (above either 95 or 105C, can't remember for haswell)

Back