• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Kindle Trade in deal

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Made a post about this in GD, guess it also counts as a Cyber Deal.

Amazon is have a Kindle trade in deal, value of the old kindle plus $20 towards a new one. Not 100% sure if the value of the old one *has* to go towards the new one or it is just a site wide gift code, but good if someone is looking to upgrade or offload a broken one.

Link

Sweet I have been meaning to upgrade my paper white :thup:

Same. Mines holding up alright, but it's got the blotchy backlight defect. Never thought it was bad enough to make a big deal over, but if I can trade it in and get one of the new ones for roughly half price, it's not a terrible idea.

Same. Mines holding up alright, but it's got the blotchy backlight defect. Never thought it was bad enough to make a big deal over, but if I can trade it in and get one of the new ones for roughly half price, it's not a terrible idea.

I'm with you on all accounts. And actually for Xmas I got the wife an amazon tablet that is really nice and good for reading as well so it has me pondering jumping ship rom the basic e reader only.......

I'm with you on all accounts. And actually for Xmas I got the wife an amazon tablet that is really nice and good for reading as well so it has me pondering jumping ship rom the basic e reader only.......

Yeah, I can kind of see why. $80 for the base Kindle that's just an e-reader vs. $50 for the base Fire that's a full on tablet that can do so much more.

My oldest daughter got the base tablet as I just couldn't pass the black friday price on it. Then for my wife I forgot the model we got her I will have to look it up later when it's at home with her. But the wife's is a bit smaller than my daughters and very nice and the screen is great. We are in the amazon system with an Alexa a Fire TV and a couple tablets so..... This macbook pro will see little use once my PC is built I'd rather have a tablet for around the house when not at the PC......

I just picked up the new Kindle Fire 7 tablet for $50. Added a 16gb micro sd memcard for $7. Pretty good tablet for under $60 :)

Freak, did you see the HD8 with the blue light reading mode? Seems to combine the best of the E-Reader with the benefits of the regular tablet.....

This threw a monkey wrench in my plans lol......

Freak, did you see the HD8 with the blue light reading mode? Seems to combine the best of the E-Reader with the benefits of the regular tablet.....

This threw a monkey wrench in my plans lol......

No I didn't, wonder if it's anything like the night mode on the $50 one. But the main reason I want to stick with an e-reader is battery life. I take it to the gym with me, so I'm used to used to just grabbing it on the way out, dropping it on a table when I get back, and even using it for 1/2 an hour to an hour a day I can go a month between charges, at least. With my Fire (the $50 7" version), it goes 4-5 days before I have to recharge it. More of a convenience thing, really.

Back