• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EVGA Hydro Copper cards?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Evil-Mobo

I was curious if anyone has any feedback on the Blocks of the EVGA hydro copper cards? I have a friend that told me they're way too restrictive and even though made by EK not the same as the Blocks EK themselves sells?

Was looking for more info on this matter personally.

I have a 980 Ti Hydro Copper. No idea on restrictiveness compared to other blocks as I have nothing to compare it to. They are likely specifically made for the Hydro Copper application. However, them being different doesn't mean "bad".

All I can really say is that the block works really well to cool the GPU. Even at the highest over-voltage allowed by the stock BIOS and highest overclock, the temp has never gone above 50°C. And it's in the same loop as my overclocked 6600K. I do have to admit that I have two 360 radiators cooling just the CPU and GPU, so that's likely a big influence.

Edit: Based on my experience with this one, I'll be looking at EVGA graphics cards in general and Hydro Copper cards in particular for my future purchases.

I have a 980 Ti Hydro Copper. No idea on restrictiveness compared to other blocks as I have nothing to compare it to. They are likely specifically made for the Hydro Copper application. However, them being different doesn't mean "bad".

All I can really say is that the block works really well to cool the GPU. Even at the highest over-voltage allowed by the stock BIOS and highest overclock, the temp has never gone above 50°C. And it's in the same loop as my overclocked 6600K. I do have to admit that I have two 360 radiators cooling just the CPU and GPU, so that's likely a big influence.

Thanks for your input. I will be running a 6600K as well. :thup:

I wouldnt worry about restriction from a single GPU block. 0eople run two or three with a single loop/pump.

Not sure if they are different internally or what...

So long as you achieve 1 gpm+, there isn't a worry. :)

I was curious if anyone has any feedback on the Blocks of the EVGA hydro copper cards? I have a friend that told me they're way too restrictive and even though made by EK not the same as the Blocks EK themselves sells?

Was looking for more info on this matter personally.

Its possible your friend might be confusing the old Swiftech Hydro Copper blocks as they were known to be restrictive vs. the EK blocks. Now EK is manufacturing those blocks for EVGA so I don't think restriction will be a problem, especially with a premium DDC or D5 pump. Regardless, both blocks are good.

As ED said, as long as they're in the 1.0-1.5 GPM range, you're good to go.

Back