• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GeForce GT 710

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'd like to know how they are claiming a 10x faster pc experience. that doesn't seem possible unless you're trying to edit 4k video on an integrated card or some other stupid use scenario.

Looking at the graph on the website it's 2x faster than Intel HD Graphics which is in Pentium G3220. Now think it's 3rd gen Core while we already have 6 on the market with IGP faster by over 100% ( as Intel claims ).
I just wish to see real tests of this card as I don't believe it's worth buying except if you need additional outputs and maybe can save some RAM.
Laptop GTX820/920/915M or anything like that are like 30% faster than IGP and I simply have no idea why there is even place on the market for gpus like that.

If PC has no graphics and you won't play games then it's good option but if there is good IGP then low end graphics cards are waste of money ( if you don't need additional outputs ).

^^kind of my thoughts exactly. Not sure what this card is good for. What current intel HD graphics can't support 1080p video playback that you would want to use this in an htpc. It's not powerful enough to game on...

Not sure who would buy one of these.

Someone without an onboard GPU... like in the HEDT (X79/X99) platforms.... or there are some boards that don't have video outputs.

I still don't see it ED.
If you are building a system, you would just pick a board with a video out.

It just seems like it is aimed at the 'don't know any better' crowd. Which never sits well with me.

Let me say it in a different way...

Again, HEDT platforms/CPUs do not have an iGPU, you NEED a GPU for that platform. None of the boards have video outputs! Sure, you can buy a lower end platform that has video outputs on the mobo and an iGPU in the chip, but, what if you need more cores and the power that the HEDT platform gives you but don't game? A card like this would fit in perfectly.

Also, people buy boards that don't have the outputs on the mobo and either need to buy a motherboard, or a GPU. Which of those is cheaper and easier to change out?

There are plenty of reasons for these cards to exist... I would imagine one of them is to prey on the ignorant, but, there are good reasons why they exist too!

Let me say it in a different way...

Again, HEDT platforms/CPUs do not have an iGPU, you NEED a GPU for that platform. None of the boards have video outputs! Sure, you can buy a lower end platform that has video outputs on the mobo and an iGPU in the chip, but, what if you need more cores and the power that the HEDT platform gives you but don't game? A card like this would fit in perfectly.

Also, people buy boards that don't have the outputs on the mobo and either need to buy a motherboard, or a GPU. Which of those is cheaper and easier to change out?

There are plenty of reasons for these cards to exist... I would imagine one of them is to prey on the ignorant, but, there are good reasons why they exist too!

There are very very few consumers out there who are custom building systems that will be going with a cpu that doesn't have on board video. There are few people buying Xxx chipset computers to begin with. It may be popular on here, but in the non enthusiast real world most people don't buy those processors.

Plus nvidia is releasing 6 options of the same chip without much of a price difference between them. I just don't see much of a market for these on a consumer end.

You guys couldn't come up reasons... I gave you a couple legitimate ones... :shrug:

There are very very few consumers out there who are custom building systems that will be going with a cpu that doesn't have on board video.
Every single person that buys X79/X99 will not have iGPU...again there are also motherboards that do not have video outputs on them to use the iGPU in the first place! It isn't common, sure. But that doesn't mean they are trying to rape and pillage the ignorant. Its the custom builders that go X79/X99 more, not the 'dude I am buying a dell' contingent. :)

There is, apparently, a market for such things. They wouldn't keep making these low end cards for generations and generations. Make no mistake about it, there is a need and a want, regardless of your (our) perception of the market and who buys what. :)

Last edited:
I will only say what ED already said but based on my personal example.
At work I'm selling small servers based on X99 motherboards and for these computers I always need cheap graphics card with basic functionality and best if it won't have any fan ( so it won't break ). For these computers cards like GF710 are perfect ... not to mention that you don't have big choice just because you need any graphics card and in this price point there are only 3-4 chips and all offer about the same.

Gitter issue

Hello,

I'm a non technical person and this is my first post on this forum. I need some help and I much appreciate your time in going through this.

I recently purchased a GALAX Nvidia GT710 card (had purchased GT610 but upgraded to GT710 hoping it will solve my problem - which it didn't). I also bought a monitor LG 22MP58VQ
These two peripherals are connected via an HDMI chord (Changed that as well, but didn't solve the issue)

Here is the problem: When I play high resolution videos 1080p I see a slight gitter (frames not moving smoothly - sometimes partially or sometimes completely). There is just a lag. When watching a video from YouTube (1080p setting) or a downloaded video, it seems like it missed a few frames and has now jumped slightly.

I am not sure what to do. Please help.

Monitor is set at 1920 X 1080 (recommended). If I change it to any lesser - the screen looks slightly blurry and still doesn't solve the issue

View attachment Screen Resolution.pdf

Back