• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thoughts on potential gaming build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DBrillo

I am slowly putting together a somewhat modest gaming rig and the thought just occurred that I may want to put it on a rack. So far I have purchased a GTX 980 and 2 500GB SSDs. I am thinking that if I do go the racking route, I may want to use this chassis: http://www.dynapowerusa.com/product/ej-3u404-c-3u-rackmount-case/
I have yet to choose a mobo, etc., but I’m open to suggestions. Ideally I want to pack as much of a punch into a 2U case as I can without breaking the bank too much. Any advice/criticism?

Good luck fitting a full height GPU into a 2U rack and keeping it decently cool.
Also, the chassis you linked to is 3U. You'll want a lot better cooling than it can offer too.

I feel like you'd be much better off buying a shelf for your rack and putting a typical tower on its side on the shelf.

Back