• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help with an Ebay case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

saturn

Disabled
So I bought 2 modded CPU's from a guy outside the US on ebay and they did not work as advertised. So I asked if I could return them and the seller opened a RMA.
Well I shipped them back use using the cheapest shipping services I could find as the seller was going to reimburse me for the shipping. He asked me to ship them back as cheap as possible so there was not tracking number :facepalm:

I would have payed for tracking but the seller had over 2000+ positive feedback. Anyway he canceled the RMA right about the time the shipping service said that he would revived the package.:nuts:

I contacted the shipper and all they know is that it was delivered to his countries postal services.

So I left him native feedback and ebay removed the feedback under the grounds of seller protection. :bang head

Any advice on this?
Basically I made the mistake of not having payed for tracking, I know my bad.
What would you do? I'm out about 100$ and a motherboard as the CPU's killed the it.
I can't see that calling ebay will do me any good. I'm thinking of filing a IC3 complaint, but I don't want to get that involved.

I would start by filing a complaint with eBay. You have to do something. Unfortunately, you are probably still out your money and motherboard. Still, file the complaint.

Nothing you can do without tracking. That was your protection.
Except for bad PR.
Link to seller?

Agreed... Nothing you can do, this is all on you because you did not get tracking upon shipping. He may be telling the truth that it never landed... so to slander him here without knowing full well the parts arrived or didn't, isn't something I would do. With 2K+ positive feedbacks, I would bet it got lost in the mail.

Sorry bub. :(

Kinda fishy that he cancelled near the time he should have recieved the package without even checking to see if they had been sent. That to me says he got them and screwed you. But Im not Ebay and they will likely be deaf to your pleas. The best you can do is show them proof that you send and lay your situation in front of them. Likely they will not care, but it is the best I can see from here

I can easily spend $6, and not send the box but show the receipt. With tracking it shows that the P.O received it and its path to the destination.

Not saying the OP did this, I would imagine not... but its a tough sell to think the dude at the end is shady without any proof whatsoever.

I can see your point, but just out of curiosity (and I know that I will regret this question) why should you have to do more than prove that you sent it? If someone would like to say that your receipt is insufficient then they ought to prove that yoou didnt send the package right along with that accusation right? I would hope that ebay would view favorably for the OP if he could prove:

1) that the seller requested lowest payment method (which mean no tracking)

2) receipt for the sending

3) the fact that the seller canceled at about the time when it should have gotten there.

All these things really point to the OP getting screwed. Another thing to note is that Ive never sold a damned thing online and after reading stuff like this I dont imagine I ever will. Such horrow stories I have read in this forum alone, muhc less anywhere else.

My example wasn't enough?

A receipt is not proof IT WAS SENT. Just that a postage was purchased. It does NOT prove the item was received by the Post Office. As I said, I could get something from the kiosk and never send it. Simple...... but I have a receipt, I had to have sent it, right?! ;)

I disagree this points to him getting screwed. The guy has 2K+ positive evals (not sure how many negs). The timing of his cancellation could be for any reason... including ripping the OP off. We do not, and cannot know. This is called "circumstantial evidence".

1. The lowest payment method WITH tracking isn't that much more. he did not specifically ask not to track it. That was the OP who made that choice and nobody else.
2. See my example on why the receipt would not be enough...
3. Correlation is not causation!!

This would NEVER hold up in a court of law. There is absolutely nothing that says the dude is shady from the information we have. We can smell it, I suppose, but, I wouldn't lean towards him being shady with the info given.

Not to mention that only YOU can cover your own a$$. The seller is surely not going to do that for you. A little common sense to the caution goes a long way.

Hell I had a big long post written because I have alot to say about the court of law business and wether it looks like the OP got screwed, but none of that is what the OP wanted.

Sorry guy, I got nothing in my bag of tricks that would help you. State your case to ebay like you did here. Probably no good will come of it, but you definately wont get anywhere by not telling them your side. Good Luck

Thanks for the input guys.
I did not think I'd ever get many good replies here.
As for tracking, the seller said "not to worry about it" now that I went back and read what he sent me. But he never said not to use tracking ether.

I tryed to open a eBay case but I can't. Some how the return counted as a case and I can't open a second one after words. As for tracking the was 8$ more. 2$ for tracking until it got into his country. I guess all I can do is call eBay and complane and maybe file a IC3.

I'm not going to link the seller just yet. I rather wait for this to be over fist. Like earthdog said it could have been lost in the mail. But I know it made it to his country. I was told that when I called the shipper.
Still I don't like the my feedback was removed seconds after leaving it. Seems like every nagitve feedback I leave for someone whith a lot of good fead back has been remove lately

Back