• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hp pavilion aio gpu upgrade

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OnceSaved

As the title says.
My buddy has anot hp pavilion all in one model 23-B320 and he can't run some of his programs from school because it does not have dedicated graphics. Does anyone know if there is a gpu that can be used in these.
And to answer, no it hasn't been opened up (he's lazy and I'd be doing the work).
If there is ano mxm card that can be used can anyone direct me to a good one because I've only ever done towers and never touched laptops or aio's

Thank you in advance

I checked the hp specs on this and they list it as not supporting a discrete gpu. I know the motherboard has a pic-e slit but it sounds like you cannot put a discrete gpu in it. I would suggest upgrading the cpu to one with better integrated graphics but it looks like the cpu is soldered on so this would not be a good upgrade path.

Someone else might know a creative way to get a gpu to work but it is probably gonna involve more effort than it is worth. Your friend may just be SOL on this one.

Here is the hp spec page if anyone wants to take a second look.

http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03924198

Per HP's support page... "Integrated AMD Radeon HD 7340 graphics Discrete graphics are not supported on this motherboard"

So the short answer is no. What might work, but would require another moniter would be a USB video card. Such as the Integrated AMD Radeon HD 7340 graphics Discrete graphics are not supported on this motherboard

Diamond USB video card

That's what I was figuring from what little info I had found. So for a relatively cost effective fix, get a tower haha.
Thank you guys for the quick responses

If you look on Amazon, and search for external pci adapter, you'll find some that plug into the pic-e slot inside and bring it out to a regular pic slot.

From there you can buy a regular gpu to install in that.

You'll have to sacrifice a functionality of the pc does not have a open slot (like Bluetooth or wireless).

I've never done it personally, it seems clunky, but should work.

Here's the link to one: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=2079475242&pf_rd_i=desktop

Back