• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

5400K vs 860K?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Evil-Mobo

Ok so here's the deal. I am having fun with my 860K and have a 5400K sitting here to go into the wife's build after she used it some and said she was fine with it. But I feel guilty going so basic on her build, and we have a 750 Ti sitting here that I'd like to use for her build.

So how does the 5400K with the iGPU disabled perform compared to the 860K?

That's my debate, getting her an 860K with the 750 Ti and she would be good for a long time, or just using the 5400K with the iGPU disabled and the 750 Ti. It's not worth selling off the 750 Ti to me for what it would bring in.

Secondly, what ITX mobo would be good for this build?

Thanks
:thup:

We went through the ITX thing already didn't we??
The 5400K will be just fine and is easily oc able to 4.0 without even working it. Besides how much HP does she need to browse pintrest

We went through the ITX thing already didn't we??
The 5400K will be just fine and is easily oc able to 4.0 without even working it. Besides how much HP does she need to browse pintrest

I think we did but wasn't sure if it made a difference for the 860K.

Honestly man it's more about the look of the PC. It's a Parvum ITX case with a window, I just think it will look to empty with just the APU on the mobo and nothing else right? Figured the 750 Ti with the 860K and a nice itx cooler would look better and perform better for her "for longer"........

Back