• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Motherboard throttling A10 7870K

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have seen a ton of issues arising from Giga boards or even Asrock . When the new FX and FX based CPUs came out the power draw was so significant that I think it caught many mobo manufacturers with their pants down. Some added a feature to the BIOS called HPC which would help with current based throttling but many of the manufacturers just never got on top of it . In the end the only "good" FX boards were the top two ASUS Sabertooth and CHV-z. There were a few others. My first FM2 board was a Gigabyte GA-F2A88X-UP4 and I quickly upgraded to the Crossblade since my ideas of overclocking aren't what you would call mainstream. I had much better luck and less frustration after making the switch.

This continued aggression toward the 970A-UD3 will not stand. This aggression will not stand, man.

Back