• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with first bench mark submission

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Evil-Mobo

Ok guys, I was trying last night to submit my first benchmark for HWBOT. SuperPi 1M. I did it twice and when I hit submit the progress bar worksa for a few then the page turns blank and nothing. My profile still says no submissions and no points.

Here's the screen shot I submitted, let me know what I did wrong please:
Screenshot (10).png

Sounds like its a HWbot issue... if there was an error on your end, typically you will see the error in red for something that you are missing or whatever.

Likely not the cause of the issue but that sub isn't valid anyway. Can't use W10 with Super Pi with that processor.

Ok I will try again lol......

- - - Updated - - -

Likely not the cause of the issue but that sub isn't valid anyway. Can't use W10 with Super Pi with that processor.

Ah ok then never mind on to the next one lol

Was not a hassle only one benchmark :) My bad guys newb mistake

Of course one isn't... but if you don't reference that page to find out the requirements, it will become a hassle. In there it shows what you need and screenshot requirements. ;)

This will help with OS selection. http://www.overclockers.com/forums/...is-benchmark?p=7882572&viewfull=1#post7882572

If you have XP that's best for SPiMod anyway. It's quite likely that your SS was too big a file. What do you use for taking a screen shot

EDIT: Like E_D saysfamiliarize yourself with the rules. I have to go through all your subs after you ask to become part of the team and it's quite tiring after the third time when subs are still incorrect. I have patience for new guys but they only go so far
EDIT@: That might be a good job for our new captain he he

No worries Evil. My first 5-6 subs were invalid due to one thing or another. Fortunately we don't set world records when we're just starting out.

Of course one isn't... but if you don't reference that page to find out the requirements, it will become a hassle. In there it shows what you need and screenshot requirements. ;)

Yes I looked at it last night for help with the screen shots just missed the Win 10 part lol

- - - Updated - - -

This will help with OS selection. http://www.overclockers.com/forums/...is-benchmark?p=7882572&viewfull=1#post7882572

If you have XP that's best for SPiMod anyway. It's quite likely that your SS was too big a file. What do you use for taking a screen shot

EDIT: Like E_D saysfamiliarize yourself with the rules. I have to go through all your subs after you ask to become part of the team and it's quite tiring after the third time when subs are still incorrect. I have patience for new guys but they only go so far
EDIT@: That might be a good job for our new captain he he

No worries man I won't be bugging you until my stuff is in order

- - - Updated - - -

No worries Evil. My first 5-6 subs were invalid due to one thing or another. Fortunately we don't set world records when we're just starting out.

I'm not gonna set any records with an 860K and a GTX 970 lol

You wont set any GLOBAL records with that hardware, true, but you could set records on the specific pieces of hardware you use!!

Global is the fastest of the fast, while hardware boints are specific to the hardware. ;)

You wont set any GLOBAL records with that hardware, true, but you could set records on the specific pieces of hardware you use!!

Global is the fastest of the fast, while hardware boints are specific to the hardware. ;)

Yup I'm just having fun with this build right now and for the cost involved it has exceeded all of my expectations so far, very cool and quiet and fun to use I still can't believe the gains in FS from OC'ing the CPU......

In a few days I will be putting the Skylake build together and then messing with both systems for a while to get use to bechmarking before getting a dedicated test bench :thup:

On Skylake you have no OS limitations so you can bench everything on Win10. On other platforms someone can report you if you use Win 8.1/10 in some benchmarks. Don't worry about that as many people are reporting others just because someone was better than them. Some are weird to the point that if they can't beat you then for sure you are cheating ;)

Just have fun and bench everything regardless how many points you can get. Even if you get 0.1 hardware points if you are the only one in the team on that hardware/benchmark then team gets points ( sometimes 2+ ) and you get Team Power Points too.

One more thing. You can run some benchmarks on a smart phone/tablet which is based on ARM CPU. If you have something then try hwbot prime. I don't remember if there is something else.
If you have CPU with IGP then you can run CPU max clock, reference clock ( FSB/bclk if motherboard is in the database ), graphics tests on IGP and CPU tests. Like every Skylake has IGP ... simply use it.

If you have any mobile device or access to servers based on any Windows version then you can run it. There is a rule that let you use any OS as long as device is driver limited and can be problems to use it on accepted OS versions. Like you can run tablets with Atom CPUs on Win 8/8.1 or dedicated servers on Server 2012. Someone can probably report you if you try Xeon on a desktop board and standard storage like desktop SSD or something like that.

Trying various settings you will also learn where memory is helping or where you can use 1-2 cores or maybe more. Too many things to talk about now so if you have any questions then don't hesitate to ask them.

On Skylake you have no OS limitations so you can bench everything on Win10. On other platforms someone can report you if you use Win 8.1/10 in some benchmarks. Don't worry about that as many people are reporting others just because someone was better than them. Some are weird to the point that if they can't beat you then for sure you are cheating ;)

Just have fun and bench everything regardless how many points you can get. Even if you get 0.1 hardware points if you are the only one in the team on that hardware/benchmark then team gets points ( sometimes 2+ ) and you get Team Power Points too.

One more thing. You can run some benchmarks on a smart phone/tablet which is based on ARM CPU. If you have something then try hwbot prime. I don't remember if there is something else.
If you have CPU with IGP then you can run CPU max clock, reference clock ( FSB/bclk if motherboard is in the database ), graphics tests on IGP and CPU tests. Like every Skylake has IGP ... simply use it.

Trying various settings you will also learn where memory is helping or where you can use 1-2 cores or maybe more. Too many things to talk about now so if you have any questions then don't hesitate to ask them.

Thanks I got two benches submitted so far and then threw my run for Feb's marathon in too but can't for HWBOT as it's win 10.

All kids home sick today so haven't had the free time I was planning on. Will try to get all my ten runs in so I can be on the team but the way the points have been adding up with this system I am not sure if I'm going to get the necessary 20 points lol......

Still having fun with this 860K though it's stable at 4.6 on air and I have only messed with the multiplier and voltage :)

You should get many easy points when you move to skylake but as I said, bench all and you will see it's not that hard to make points.
There is still a lot to get on 860K -> http://hwbot.org/hardware/processor/athlon_x4_860k/ As a team there are only your results in this category.
Run all benchmarks ( at least these that give points ) and you will probably get your 20+ ;)

You should get many easy points when you move to skylake but as I said, bench all and you will see it's not that hard to make points.
There is still a lot to get on 860K -> http://hwbot.org/hardware/processor/athlon_x4_860k/ As a team there are only your results in this category.
Run all benchmarks ( at least these that give points ) and you will probably get your 20+ ;)

Thanks I will work on it tonight after the little ones hit the sack. :thup:

I've submitted 7 BM so far and only have a hair over 4 point WTF.......

:mad:

It honestly isn't really worth running 3d benchmarks on an AMD CPU (unless it is the onboard graphics) it is so far behind Intel that it isn't worth it. Stick to 2d benchmarks on AMD CPUs for the hardware points/team points and once you get your skylake build up and running then run the 970.

It honestly isn't really worth running 3d benchmarks on an AMD CPU (unless it is the onboard graphics) it is so far behind Intel that it isn't worth it. Stick to 2d benchmarks on AMD CPUs for the hardware points/team points and once you get your skylake build up and running then run the 970.

Ok got it. So I don't thionk with the AMD rig I will be able to submit 10 BM with Win 10 lol....so it's gonna have to wait. It's been fun with this chip but this limiting factor with AMD has gotten old quick lol.......

I'm with Janus, as much as I like Ocing my AMD stuff, stick to 2D, in 3D it will significantly hinder your score. The only 2 benches I recall you can compete 3D with AMD is Catzilla and Heaven. Though, you're going to have to really push the 860k to do so.

Back