• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with first bench mark submission

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
PM me your info and I'll send it then you guys can beat me up some more about how good it benched and all the boints you get with it lol.

Not trying to beat you up, Evil, just trying to help. As Blaylock says everything is benchable. I guess it's up to you what you do with that 860k. We would like to see you bench it since no one on the teams has yet and it would get us some team points and also give you some experience. Installing an OS and using a different drive are a must for benching since you WILL corrupt the OS and likely your BIOS. It's just inevitable. So learning shortcuts here can save you much time later on.

Not trying to beat you up, Evil, just trying to help. As Blaylock says everything is benchable. I guess it's up to you what you do with that 860k. We would like to see you bench it since no one on the teams has yet and it would get us some team points and also give you some experience. Installing an OS and using a different drive are a must for benching since you WILL corrupt the OS and likely your BIOS. It's just inevitable. So learning shortcuts here can save you much time later on.

There will still be an 860K here in the wife's build :) Just don't need two of them

I'm going to follow ED's advice and take a step back. Will just focus on my builds and playing some games etc and benching on my own for fun and to learn.

When I am better "prepared" I'll make another run at the team.

That's all up to you Evil, we're here if you need some advice.

That wasn't really my advice... Just slow your roll a bit is the point. Take the time to get the requirements for the benchmark understood before you run it (so as not to run an OS that isn't accepted) and you do not waste your own time. Take the time to look at the rules for the benchmark so you can get the submissions right. Each one has an example screenshot.

Do not stop, just try to make your work more efficient. We are always here to help, but getting your ducks in a row will help both now and in the long run. Making this benching thing more fun and enjoyable. Taking the time to build that USB stick with benchmarks, drivers, and utilities... getting W7 installed on a different drive... etc. Johan, among others, have given you solid advice to follow. I don't see a need to lock the brakes, just slow down a bit and get the basics under your belt as your move forward. :grouphug:
There's a difference in getting advice from someone and someone telling you to "stick" with something they themselves don't want to use, kind of ironic huh
I wanted to address this... there isn't a drop of irony here. To put it simply, I don't AMD (CPU). I don't have the time to grind out on a platform I am not familiar with. That doesn't mean however that there isn't a lot of value in that CPU!!! I am saying, as JOhan did, bench that thing in 2D. Get what its worth out of it (and also learning from it), then move forward. That is the benching way :). If you don't want to, you don't. But there wasn't any irony in my saying to bench that CPU while I won't. I don't have the time is the main reason I don't grind on boints. I did years ago in the s775 days... this is the twilight of my 'career', LOL!

Last edited:
I'm going to follow ED's advice and take a step back. Will just focus on my builds and playing some games etc and benching on my own for fun and to learn.

When I am better "prepared" I'll make another run at the team.

I just don't get why you left the team on hwbot ... I mean you don't have to make any world records to be a part of the team. All are constantly learning and you can add results even on stock hardware. Like I'm making today as someone at work got new laptop with i5 6200u on which we don't have any results so I bench it on stock clocks ( it's not overclocking at all ).
There are guys who have fun in overclocking old stuff and I mean like bucket of 939 chips for like $1 each. It's not a matter of money or preparing. Pick what you like and try to find fun in that.

I just don't get why you left the team on hwbot ... I mean you don't have to make any world records to be a part of the team. All are constantly learning and you can add results even on stock hardware. Like I'm making today as someone at work got new laptop with i5 6200u on which we don't have any results so I bench it on stock clocks ( it's not overclocking at all ).
There are guys who have fun in overclocking old stuff and I mean like bucket of 939 chips for like $1 each. It's not a matter of money or preparing. Pick what you like and try to find fun in that.

I have bigger fish to fry right now with my health than to deal with constant bickering and justification on what hardware i do or do not want to use and people taking it personal that they "help" and I "do what I want anyways".

No big deal. I'll keep it personal and more "fun" here on my end and read through the tutorials for help.

I do appreciate your help via PM with my questions on the X99 mobob though, it helped a lot and the ASRock board you spoke of has gotten great reviews.

:thup:

Really? I'm am sorry to see you go, over what are obviously the comments I made. I have to be honest and say you kind of missed my point and took things a bit personal yourself though. There is no need to leave the team and venture through this alone with all this knowledge around you trying to help.. sorry, "help".

Best of luck to you in your benching endeavors, I sure hope its still with OCF. If you would like to iron it out, my PM box is always open.

That said, UNSUBSCRIBED. :escape:

Really? I'm am sorry to see you go, over what are obviously the comments I made. I have to be honest and say you kind of missed my point and took things a personal yourself though. There is no need to leave the team...

Best of luck to you in your benching endeavors, I sure hope its still with OCF. If you would like to iron it out, my PM box is always open.

That said, UNSUBSCRIBED. :escape:

Who you gonna harass then ED? :D

C'mon Evil, just telling the truth isn't harassment. You say you have the means to do what needed to be done. You just didn't feel like doing it. If life's too busy and you don't have the time we get that. We all have lives too. There's a lot to being a successful bencher it takes time and a whole lot of patience. If you rush it you will kill something.

Telling the truth is fine. I have no issue with that. But when someone tells you they don't want to do something/use something and you don't let it go..... c'mon man. We are all big boys, there's a difference between someone getting to you, and you just getting to a point in life where there's certain BS you don't care to deal with, the latter applies to me. And that's where I'm leaving this for the time being Johan :)

I'm not throwing my personal business out on the interwebz to prove a point. Not my first time on a forum, seen this before, passive aggressive helping, I want no part of it. At the end of the day I'm the new guy and he's a mod, who's gonna win that battle :screwy:

Not worth pushing this any further. I'm not upset just a choice. It's all good. :thup:

I want to take a moment to apologize to Earth Dog and anyone else who might have been offended by what transpired in this thread. I was man enough to call him out for what I felt was wrong doing and now I'm man enough to apologize in public (aside from PM). I am sorry and should not have over reacted as I did. I will not make any excuses, it spiraled out of control and I hope it does not hinder me becoming part of the benching team in the near future when I finish getting my rig together properly.

:thup:

We all make mistakes Evil, it's how we learn from them and respond, that makes us better people. :thup:

Back