• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Marathon Season IV February: 3DMark 03

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Did you enable PLL Override voltage (note not adjust PLL voltage, but enable PLL Override voltage)?

i've sort of hit a wall with it. i cant get it to even boot at anything past 4.5
(btw that SS has the cpu voltage shown at a dip, it actually runs at 1.368v )
On that board which I have, I needed to increase the values on the following to push mine past 4.5: Core Current Limit, Long Duration Power Limit, Long Duration Maintained, Short Duration Power Limit, Primary Plane Current Limit.

On that board which I have, I needed to increase the values on the following to push mine past 4.5: Core Current Limit, Long Duration Power Limit, Long Duration Maintained, Short Duration Power Limit, Primary Plane Current Limit.

Did you enable PLL Override voltage (note not adjust PLL voltage, but enable PLL Override voltage)?

i enabled Internal PPL overvoltage.

Long duration power limit
short duration power limit
primary plane current limit
secondary plane current limit

ALL those are grey'd out and set to auto. i cant change them.

I did manage to get it to boot... 4.6ghz 1.39v (didnt adjust ppl voltage)

Really, I don't recall a setting that needed to be changed in order to set those manually. I'll have to go look at the BIOS on mine when I get a chance.

Nice! This 3D03 benchmark will respond to the Cpu Oc as will a lot of them. For benching, my 2500k would do 5.3 at 1.48v on Air all day long.

PLL.. Phase Lock Loop. :)

I dont remember PLL voltage ever being a concern for overclocking on that platform... has it been that long or are we certain that was it?

NeonCancerCandy/GTX 980/Air/150,576

vZtNTAj.jpg.png

thats as far as i'm pushing it.
i was getting some voltage creep up to 1.4v and i dont want to go above that.

4.8 wasnt stable enough at 1.4

Last edited:
Come get me Manny!!

Johan45/ GTX980/ Stock/ 195302

3d03 195302.JPG

Last edited:
Ha Ha nice sand bag buddy. :D That's not enough to make me sweat yet, you didn't even turn the Gpu clocks up.

Last edited:
This one isn't going to change a whole lot. Stock BIOS the whole 9 yards. Not my benching card. BTW sandbag comes out at 2 minutes to midnight ha ha.
Just set that up and ran this aft.

I'm sure you'll be posting something with the 980 Ti not the 980. The 6700k is on the cold water in that post no?

Yep, tried 5.4 but the volts were too low

This bench is twitchy, scored 11k lower with 250mhz higher clocks.... Interesting.

Back