• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Marathon Season IV February: 3DMark 03

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
3D03 doesn't use many threads and CPU speed can help quite a bit. I wouldn't expect miracles from the FX but should get you 500 pts for every 100 MHz anyway

3D03 doesn't use many threads and CPU speed can help quite a bit. I wouldn't expect miracles from the FX but should get you 500 pts for every 100 MHz anyway

i tryed to disable 1/2 the cores and it wouldnt boot , i even tryed to apply more volts up to 1.68 lol i know crazy lol
so then i tryed to add two more cores and still wouldnt boot , so now i was running 6 cores ,still no luck , i went bk
to a full 8 cores and it booted right up

and this is what i got lol
about 90 more point lol

XRogerX / GTX 970 FTW+ / Stock / 122434
3d03 122434 cpu only.PNG

That really is odd. You should have no problems shutting off cores. I'm not familiar with MSI or their BIOS but disabling cores shouldn't cause the PC not to boot.

That really is odd. You should have no problems shutting off cores. I'm not familiar with MSI or their BIOS but disabling cores shouldn't cause the PC not to boot.

im not having a problem shutting down cores lol im having a problem getting a higher clocks with less cores to get a better score , but when i do try to get it to go higher
with the clocks or the volts it wont boot lol , but i will be damn i wont give up , i will try agaib today lol

ok i got it to boot with 6 cores and this is the score i got
and this is the same settings as the last score i posted
am i doing something wrong?
6cores.PNG

Last edited:
XRogerX ckeck your Ram timing looks a little off

im messing with everything right now trying to get it to go with less cores , timings like that gave me better results for now , but im still playing with the timings
this board is wicked strange lol , i know i will be getting a differnt one when i get the funds lol , but right now i got to deal with this little bugger lol
if i put the timings where they should be @ 9-11-11-31 it wont boot , so if i put it to the defult timings im ok lol, this whole this is like a Woman got to touch
it just right to get it to do what you want it to do lol

You could also try backing down the ram divider and giving the Cpu Nb voltage a bit more.

ok that wasnt fun but i did it and got a better score with 6core
but boy was that nerve racking , but i didnt give up i raised the
Bus Speed and lowered the CPU MUTI and loosen up the timings lol

Video Card Still at Stock Speed
XRogerX / GTX 970 FTW+ / Stock / 122634
3d03 122634 CPU MEM.PNG

Nice Roger but go down to 4 cores and get more speed.

ok how is this possible ,how can 4 cores score higher

XRogerX / GTX970 FTW+ / Stock / 157452
3d03 157452 4core.PNG

It's not a multi threaded bench so the amount of Cpu cores you have isn't going to be a factor. This bench is all about raw Cpu speed and Gpu overclocks.

I know windows7 always had trouble scheduling threads for FX. Maybe less core helps? Did you install the hot fixes for windows7 for FX ?

ShrimpBrime/GTX 750/Stock/63519

AMD FM1 E2-3200 OC'ed 3.7ghz OCCT linpack Prime95 back to back stable daily OC settings

GTX 750 3dmark03.png

Back