• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EK Predator 360 in Enthoo Pro?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Joe88

before I start I am not planning to buy this right now, just seeing my options
I looked at the aoi's from corsair and such but the general opinion seems they are just garbage, so looked at swiftech and ek
swiftech seems to be plagued will poor quality components, reading reviews and users complaining of parts failing after a month, so decided to go for ek
I really like ek's design, its basically a complete water cooling loop without any of the trouble and messing around with parts and the simple plug in gpu blocks to add onto the loop
I wanted to wait till ek added a full cover block for the 390 before even considering buying it

I saw some people on reddit and such managed to fit it in the luxe model moving the fans over the panel then using a dremel to cut away space for the res and pump, now I really dont have this option unless I do some crazy modding because the there is a lattice plastic pattern under the mesh grill that is attached to the top panel http://www.legitreviews.com/wp-cont...hoo-Pro-External-Top-Bezel-Filter-645x291.jpg

So I really cant fit fans in between them (without some modding that is)
I guess I can try fit it as it was intended but measuring it 2.63" from the top of the case to the mobo, it just about meets it, the problem looks to be the cpu power connector like in that reddit post.

and my other question is will I lose any of the 5.3" bays? I have them all occupied right now, I saw people fit up to a 420 rad sacrificing a few bays
I would have to put it so the hose/pump/res side of the rad to the back of the case

they are selling rev 1.1 now
The top bay is the usb ports, headphone port, and reset button, they dont take up anything in the bay it sits outside bay
looks like it will take up the next bay, I can move the card reader up there since it takes up less space or just remove it
past that though I do not want to give up anymore bays

I'll try and get some pics with measurements

ok here is measuring from one side of the fan opening to the other

DSC02687_zpswcqbqurw.jpg~original

DSC02688_zpsxanufudw.jpg~original

next the distance between mb and the top fan mounts

DSC02690_zpscyv3jocd.jpg~original

DSC02692_zpsm7pwkjs1.jpg~original

and the top panel with metal grill and fan filter removed, you can see the plastic lattice pattern attached to the top panel and is not removable like on the luxe

DSC02693_zps494ffvai.jpg~original

EK-XLC_Predator_360_radiator_dimensions_webshop800px.jpg

Yeah looks like you'll lose the top 5.25 bay where your optical drive is. Also you can get away with push config. You'll have to mount the rad from the bottom upwards, then mount the fans from the top down. If you try to leave the fans on the rad then mount it, you'll have clearance issues with the top edge of the motherboard.

Crap: I forgot that Predator is an AIO cooling unit. The pump/res assembly is going to be a problem since it cannot be removed like the fans.

Back